Panasonic DVD Recorder with Hard drive vs. ReplayTV

I own an older Replay unit, just wondering if anyone here has one of those
Panasonic or equiv. DVD+/- Recorders with built in hard drives. do they
operate the same as a replaytv? does it have to dial in for TV listings?
i'd like to get the opinion from someone who owns/owned both...
Thanks!!!
4 answers Last reply
More about panasonic dvd recorder hard drive replaytv

    this one uses the TV GUIDE embedded signal for the program guide.
    http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?action=detail&dpno=399118#scroll

    --
    Computer Tips & Tweaks
    Builds/Upgrades/Repairs

    "Me" <me@me.com> wrote in message
    > I own an older Replay unit, just wondering if anyone here has one of those
    > Panasonic or equiv. DVD+/- Recorders with built in hard drives. do they
    > operate the same as a replaytv? does it have to dial in for TV listings?
    > i'd like to get the opinion from someone who owns/owned both...
    > Thanks!!!

    i have both replay and TIVO and just bought and returned this
    Panasonic --

    is it the most UNfriendly non-intuitive gadget I have ever had --

    for example, using TV Guide - can't sort by channel number - in fact,
    no sorting at all - they appear in some mysterious sequence - networks
    then cable etc. - only by highlighting a line can you even see the
    channel --

    no easy 'search' by program name etc. as in both replay and TIVO - i
    was trying to get something without paying monthly yet click to
    program (vs. manual - 9 - 10 on channel x for example) - but will now
    wait for alternative (probably new Toshiba with TIVO) -- want hard
    drive and capability to copy to DVD

    On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 03:48:23 GMT, "JR" <noway@nospam.nett> wrote:

    >this one uses the TV GUIDE embedded signal for the program guide.
    >http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?action=detail&dpno=399118#scroll

    That's good to know, thanks.
    JR

    --
    Computer Tips & Tweaks
    Builds/Upgrades/Repairs

    Mary <marinrain**remove**@yahoo.com> shaped the electrons to say:
    >no easy 'search' by program name etc. as in both replay and TIVO - i
    >was trying to get something without paying monthly yet click to
    >program (vs. manual - 9 - 10 on channel x for example) - but will now
    >wait for alternative (probably new Toshiba with TIVO) -- want hard

    Yeah, sounds like even TiVo Basic is better than that thing - and TiVo
    Basic gives me hives. Too much missing after years of TiVo Plus. :-)

    -MZ, RHCE #806199299900541, ex-CISSP #3762
    <URL:http://www.megazone.org/> <URL:http://www.eyrie-productions.com/> Eris

Ptv Replaytv ReplayTV Hard Drives Panasonic