Pioneer DVL-9 Combo Player-help

Just bought this unit from a seller on eBay and I can't even get the
damn drawer to open.It powers up okay and the menu is accessible etc.
but no matter if I go to open the laserdisc drawer or the dvd drawer
the lcd display says "open" for a few seconds followed by "stop",
and then it just sits there.
Any practical advice?
2 answers Last reply
More about pioneer dvl combo player

    Get your money back.

    On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 13:03:09 -0600, greeblsnap821
    <wukkawukka92NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Just bought this unit from a seller on eBay and I can't even get the
    >damn drawer to open.It powers up okay and the menu is accessible etc.
    >but no matter if I go to open the laserdisc drawer or the dvd drawer
    >the lcd display says "open" for a few seconds followed by "stop",
    >and then it just sits there.
    >Any practical advice?

    You'll have to open it up and see if the pickups are in their correct
    position. One in the upper section of the turn mechanism and the other on
    the lower track about 1/4 away from the spindle toward the turn mechanism.
    If this took a big jolt during shipping the plastic gear holder for the
    pickup will break and this will cause issues.

    Kurtis

    "greeblsnap821" <wukkawukka92NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Just bought this unit from a seller on eBay and I can't even get the
    > damn drawer to open.It powers up okay and the menu is accessible etc.
    > but no matter if I go to open the laserdisc drawer or the dvd drawer
    > the lcd display says "open" for a few seconds followed by "stop",
    > and then it just sits there.
    > Any practical advice?

Laser Disc Players Pioneer