Is this mobo worth building a system around???

bytes2go

Reputable
Aug 10, 2014
At a recent yard sale got a rig the woman said was her deployed son's old 'gaming' rig. The case was bent, missing a cover, as well as a power supply. I removed the mobo, M2N4-SLI, the various fans, with hopes of building a comp from scratch for fun. The case was AMD 64 Athlon X2. I'm no geek whiz, but but I do know a chip from a cookie. Question: what do you think about using this mobo? Old, I know, but would components be hard to find because of its age? And further, where do you suggest I begin, in terms of suppliers, etc.? Your input is appreciated.

bytes2go

Reputable
Aug 10, 2014
Thought so. Needn't go any further. Cool feature below, posting inexpensive mobos related to my post.Think I'm gonna like it here.:) Oh...There were various fans and fan controllers connected to the mobo. Do I automatically presume they too are near worthless but for minor stuff? And thanx for your super reply.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
DDR2 is more expensive than newer DDR3 because of limited supply. Finding a 'new' cpu will be next to impossible, used certainly on eBay, but the rest of the parts should be backwards compatible. What you'll end up with is a PC a grandma would be happy with for her recipe surfing, or a mine craft server. Unless, of course you are a big fan of solitaire or mshearts or chess, in which case you'd be good.

TRENDING THREADS