Equipment needed?

I have a DigicipherII analog with a DSR905 attached. I believe I
only have a C=band lnb and feedhorn. In order to maximize my viewing I
think I need to update the equipment, but I don't know exactly what to
get. My 7.5 ft. dish has 1/8 inch mesh so I suspect that will be ok.
What feedhorn/lnb setup would I need? My cable from dish to house has a
line for ku-band, so that will work.
Can I use any of my old DISH NETWORK equipment with my BUD system?
Or should I just leave it in the attic? (Under the baby clothes). Thanks
for suggestions.
2 answers Last reply
More about equipment needed
  1. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 16:45:19 GMT, Ed Mc <namvtn@whatdayaknow.com>
    wrote:

    > I have a DigicipherII analog with a DSR905 attached. I believe I
    >only have a C=band lnb and feedhorn. In order to maximize my viewing I
    >think I need to update the equipment, but I don't know exactly what to
    >get. My 7.5 ft. dish has 1/8 inch mesh so I suspect that will be ok.
    >What feedhorn/lnb setup would I need? My cable from dish to house has a
    >line for ku-band, so that will work.
    > Can I use any of my old DISH NETWORK equipment with my BUD system?
    >Or should I just leave it in the attic? (Under the baby clothes). Thanks
    >for suggestions.

    All you need is a C/Ku feenhorn and LNB, and maybe a DVB-FTA receiver.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    Ed Mc wrote:

    > I have a DigicipherII analog with a DSR905 attached. I believe I
    > only have a C=band lnb and feedhorn. In order to maximize my viewing I
    > think I need to update the equipment, but I don't know exactly what to
    > get. My 7.5 ft. dish has 1/8 inch mesh so I suspect that will be ok.
    > What feedhorn/lnb setup would I need? My cable from dish to house has a
    > line for ku-band, so that will work.
    > Can I use any of my old DISH NETWORK equipment with my BUD system?
    > Or should I just leave it in the attic? (Under the baby clothes). Thanks
    > for suggestions.

    If you want to add Ku, you could use something like a Chaparral Corotor
    feed, along with an appropriate LNB.

    If you want to get DVB programming, you'd need a DVB receiver.

    If you want to do both of the above, you may need to add some kind of
    LNB/servo switching arrangement. There's a variety of ways to do this.

    You can take a Dish LNBF and jury-rig a way to attach it beside your
    C-band feed (needs to be attached along the big dish's east-west axis).
    You can use a DiSEqC switch at the feed in order to share the Ku cable
    with a Ku FSS feed.

    You can then pull in DBS feeds with this arrangement, although since
    the LNBF is off-axis, the dish position will be "off" a bit for the
    DBS satellites.

    That's all in order to get free-to-air DVB feeds with a DVB receiver.
    If you want to receive any Dish encrypted feeds, you should just set
    up the little dish to use with their receiver.

4DTV Satellite