lnb problem?

I have a sidecar, last week suddenly there was a drop in signal quality,
about 10 - 20 in many channels. I adjusted the dish and skew to the best,
but the problem remains.
In the analog side now I have some sparkles.
Is there a kind of lnb failure which explains this?

Uniden 4400 super
905 sidecar
LNB Pansat 17 K digital read 8 years old
10 ft dish
Guadalajara, Mexico
3 answers Last reply
More about lnb problem
  1. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 12:09:50 -0400, "SergioRaul"
    <casillasgalvez@nospam.terra.com.mx> wrote:

    >I have a sidecar, last week suddenly there was a drop in signal quality,
    >about 10 - 20 in many channels. I adjusted the dish and skew to the best,
    >but the problem remains.
    >In the analog side now I have some sparkles.
    >Is there a kind of lnb failure which explains this?

    How are your even/odd channels on analog?

    Can you give some specific examples?

    Maybe your polar motor is sticking? Maybe you have a hornet's nest
    inside throat of feed horn?

    >Uniden 4400 super
    >905 sidecar
    >LNB Pansat 17 K digital read 8 years old
    >10 ft dish
    >Guadalajara, Mexico
  2. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    > >I have a sidecar, last week suddenly there was a drop in signal quality,
    > >about 10 - 20 in many channels. I adjusted the dish and skew to the best,
    > >but the problem remains.
    > >In the analog side now I have some sparkles.
    > >Is there a kind of lnb failure which explains this?
    >
    > How are your even/odd channels on analog?
    >
    > Can you give some specific examples?
    >
    > Maybe your polar motor is sticking? Maybe you have a hornet's nest
    > inside throat of feed horn?

    Good answer new sun,

    also, the hot weather can effect LNB performance.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 17:00:24 -0700, "scram" <scram@anon.com> wrote:

    >Good answer new sun,
    >
    >also, the hot weather can effect LNB performance.

    Well yes, but "Pedro" should have been well aware of this angle.

    Actually, I suspect heat affects the incoming sat-signal more so than
    LNB; get a bigger dish, and your problems go away.

    In other words, I think there is a sales myth [lie] about heat effects
    on LNBs; if you have a decent LNB, don't buy a new one.

4DTV Satellite Video