Ku Band Problem & Question

I am having problems with my Ku Band reception. I have checked all
connections and everything is fine. I receive C-Band well all across the
arc. I noticed this first last winter when I couldn't get the digital
channels on X4. All of a sudden, I got them back this spring, now they
aren't receivable. I tried manually moving the dish and playing with the
skew. I still have great signal strength on C-band. All connections are
intact. I have NOT checked anything on the feedhorn however. Is there a
chance I have a fried or intermittent LNB? We have had no wind storms or
hail storms. The dish was installed in spring of 2001. Do I need a tune up?
I still get great C-band with the 10' dish on both analog and digital.
Anyone in the upper Midwest with a 4DTV receiver? Please check the digital
signal you get on X4. Any help is most appreciated where ever you are.
3 answers Last reply
More about band problem question
  1. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    Doesn't anyone have any suggestions or help? Please give me some ideas,
    especially you Big dish wizards out there. Thanks.

    "Fred Carlson" <fc@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I am having problems with my Ku Band reception. I have checked all
    > connections and everything is fine. I receive C-Band well all across the
    > arc. I noticed this first last winter when I couldn't get the digital
    > channels on X4. All of a sudden, I got them back this spring, now they
    > aren't receivable. I tried manually moving the dish and playing with the
    > skew. I still have great signal strength on C-band. All connections are
    > intact. I have NOT checked anything on the feedhorn however. Is there a
    > chance I have a fried or intermittent LNB? We have had no wind storms or
    > hail storms. The dish was installed in spring of 2001. Do I need a tune
    up?
    > I still get great C-band with the 10' dish on both analog and digital.
    > Anyone in the upper Midwest with a 4DTV receiver? Please check the digital
    > signal you get on X4. Any help is most appreciated where ever you are.

  2. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    The problem is probably with the LNB. If not you may
    need to peak the focal distance or the dish for Ku.

    I would try replacing the LNB. Even if that is not the problem
    it never hurts to have a spare.

    | Doesn't anyone have any suggestions or help? Please give me some ideas,
    | especially you Big dish wizards out there. Thanks.
    |
    | "Fred Carlson" <fc@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    | > I am having problems with my Ku Band reception. I have checked all
    | > connections and everything is fine. I receive C-Band well all across the
    | > arc. I noticed this first last winter when I couldn't get the digital
    | > channels on X4. All of a sudden, I got them back this spring, now they
    | > aren't receivable. I tried manually moving the dish and playing with the
    | > skew. I still have great signal strength on C-band. All connections are
    | > intact. I have NOT checked anything on the feedhorn however. Is there a
    | > chance I have a fried or intermittent LNB? We have had no wind storms or
    | > hail storms. The dish was installed in spring of 2001. Do I need a tune
    | up?
    | > I still get great C-band with the 10' dish on both analog and digital.
    | > Anyone in the upper Midwest with a 4DTV receiver? Please check the digital
    | > signal you get on X4. Any help is most appreciated where ever you are.

  3. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 22:47:07 -0500, "Fred Carlson" <fc@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >I am having problems with my Ku Band reception. I have checked all
    >connections and everything is fine. I receive C-Band well all across the
    >arc. I noticed this first last winter when I couldn't get the digital
    >channels on X4. All of a sudden, I got them back this spring, now they
    >aren't receivable. I tried manually moving the dish and playing with the
    >skew. I still have great signal strength on C-band. All connections are
    >intact. I have NOT checked anything on the feedhorn however. Is there a
    >chance I have a fried or intermittent LNB? We have had no wind storms or
    >hail storms. The dish was installed in spring of 2001. Do I need a tune up?
    >I still get great C-band with the 10' dish on both analog and digital.
    >Anyone in the upper Midwest with a 4DTV receiver? Please check the digital
    >signal you get on X4. Any help is most appreciated where ever you are.

    Sounds like your KU lnb has gone bad.

4DTV Satellite Video