better RG6 crimper

I can never get the RG6 connectors tight enough with one of those cheapo
crimpers. They keep coming off. Is there some secret in getting tighter
crimps or do I need a better crimper?

--
Their lips collided in a glancing blow.
3 answers Last reply

    On Mon, 10 May 2004 05:00:41 GMT, "DTV Refugee" <nospam@nospam.com>
    wrote:

    >I can never get the RG6 connectors tight enough with one of those cheapo
    >crimpers. They keep coming off. Is there some secret in getting tighter
    >crimps or do I need a better crimper?

    Use a compression crimper or some of them snap and seal kind.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    the compression connector you want to use is called an EX6. Go to this page
    and search under PPC Product # for EX6
    http://www.ppc-online.com/catalog/catalog.cfm

    on each connector, use a WS375 weather seal thread protector. You can see
    what they look like on the same PPC Product # search page above.

    The compression Assembly Tool required to compress the aforementioned EX6 is
    found here.
    http://www.ripley-tools.com/tools.php?tool=CAT&category=Drop%20Cable%20Tools

    This is the best setup!
  3. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    Better crimpers require a better connector.

    Better connectors is more important than better crimpers.

    http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=092-475
    http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=092-420

MPEG DVB Video