2007 Dodge Caliber sxt alarm/car wont start problem.

mattangle

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2012
I work the night shift after everyday during my break I drive my Caliber less then a mile to a spot where I take a nap every break. Today after when I woke up and tried to start my car the alarm went off and the engine doesn't turn off. I tried stepping out of the car and using the keys unlock/lock buttons and nothing happens, not even the panic button does anything. After a minute or two the alarming stops, but if I open the door or try to start my car or anything the alarm goes off and the engine doesn't turn over. Any ideas? I just walked back to work and seeming as how my shift is over in a few hours I have to deal with this, so any thought are GREATLY appreciated.

wip99gt

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2008
Probably the wireless control module. I don't really see being able to fix it without the proper components. After looking online quickly some people had success playing around with the panic button. One person said they hit the panic button and was able to start then hit the panic button again to shut the alarm off. I'd try that to get home but that module does need to be replaced.

TRENDING THREADS