remotes

Does anyone out there know of a good (as well as cheap) universal remote
that would control a CLD 1080? I'm at my wit's end; I can't switch audio
tracks and I can't do any still frame stuff with the few CAV disks I have.
HELP ME!
4 answers Last reply
More about remotes

    I have an extra remote that was made - I think - for the CLD-D501.
    AFAIK, it should control a 1080. Anyone know a reason why it wouldn't?
    Twenty bucks plus shipping if you want it, providing Kurtis or somebody
    says it will work.

    Happy trails,
    Larry B.

    Mook23 wrote:

    >Does anyone out there know of a good (as well as cheap) universal remote
    >that would control a CLD 1080? I'm at my wit's end; I can't switch audio
    >tracks and I can't do any still frame stuff with the few CAV disks I have.
    >HELP ME!

    Model # of remote is CU-CLD038

    Larry Blumenfeld wrote:

    > I have an extra remote that was made - I think - for the CLD-D501.
    > AFAIK, it should control a 1080. Anyone know a reason why it wouldn't?
    > Twenty bucks plus shipping if you want it, providing Kurtis or
    > somebody says it will work.
    >
    > Happy trails,
    > Larry B.
    >
    > Mook23 wrote:
    >
    >> Does anyone out there know of a good (as well as cheap) universal remote
    >> that would control a CLD 1080? I'm at my wit's end; I can't switch
    >> audio
    >> tracks and I can't do any still frame stuff with the few CAV disks I
    >> have.
    >> HELP ME!

    The CU-CLD038 is the jog/shuttle remote that was sold with the CLD-3090. It
    will work the 1080. The jog will work with CAV discs on the 1080 but not
    CLV on the 1080. The side change buttons won't be of any use either. The
    1080 had a pair of F-Type 75 Ohm connectors with a built in RF-Modulator for
    Channel 3 or 4 output to a TV. The original 1080 remote had a TV/LDP button
    to switch between the LD and the F-Type input. The 3090 lacks the RF
    connectors and the built-in modulator. The 3090 remote doesn't have the
    TV/LDP button. Most modern TVs should be connected using the composite
    connectors on the 1080, so the TV/LDP button is usually of no use.

    Here's a link that shows a photo of the 3090 remote.
    http://www.laserdiscarchive.co.uk/laserdisc_archive/pioneer/pioneer_cld-3090/pioneer_cld-3090.htm

    "Larry Blumenfeld" <tumbleweed@wcox.com> wrote in message
    > Model # of remote is CU-CLD038
    >
    > Larry Blumenfeld wrote:
    >
    > > I have an extra remote that was made - I think - for the CLD-D501.
    > > AFAIK, it should control a 1080. Anyone know a reason why it wouldn't?
    > > Twenty bucks plus shipping if you want it, providing Kurtis or
    > > somebody says it will work.
    > >
    > > Happy trails,
    > > Larry B.
    > >
    > > Mook23 wrote:
    > >
    > >> Does anyone out there know of a good (as well as cheap) universal
    remote
    > >> that would control a CLD 1080? I'm at my wit's end; I can't switch
    > >> audio
    > >> tracks and I can't do any still frame stuff with the few CAV disks I
    > >> have.
    > >> HELP ME!

    every time i see people begging for remotes, i offer my two cuv-113 pioneer
    OEM with new batteries and no DOA gurantee for $35 postpaid anywhere in the
    continental US, and nobody even takes the time to respond. these shipped
    with most of the cld-v xx00 industrial series and work with almost every
    other player out there, but no jog dial. here we are again--- first buyer
    gets the one that was still in the factory plastic, which i opened to
    install batteries. here's all the help you could ever want---:)**
    "Mook23" <no_one@no_where.com> wrote in message
    > Does anyone out there know of a good (as well as cheap) universal remote
    > that would control a CLD 1080? I'm at my wit's end; I can't switch audio
    > tracks and I can't do any still frame stuff with the few CAV disks I have.
    > HELP ME!

Laser Disc Players Switch Video