Tech TV Audio?

I have a pansat300a.
I am trying to get Tech TV.I get video but I do not get Audio.
Anybody out there know how I am able to pick up the audio for Tech TV?
Thanks for your help.
Vietnam Vet
12 answers Last reply
More about tech audio
  1. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    "stan" <Vietnam Vet@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > I have a pansat300a.
    > I am trying to get Tech TV.I get video but I do not get Audio.
    > Anybody out there know how I am able to pick up the audio for Tech TV?
    > Thanks for your help.
    > Vietnam Vet

    i dont know which satellite you are getting it from, but i think the one you
    have, the audio is AC3
  2. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    In article <2hnghiFf23s6U1@uni-berlin.de>, m0nkey <nein@achtung.com>
    wrote:

    > "stan" <Vietnam Vet@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > > I have a pansat300a.
    > > I am trying to get Tech TV.I get video but I do not get Audio.
    > > Anybody out there know how I am able to pick up the audio for Tech TV?
    > > Thanks for your help.
    > > Vietnam Vet
    > >
    > i dont know which satellite you are getting it from, but i think the one you
    > have, the audio is AC3

    My ST 3688 picks it up fine. I just checked, but it looks like there is
    no video on that channel. Just a slate with 'no video' on the bottom.
    They must not be feeding right now. (The audio PID was 150)
    John
  3. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    siteI spoke with Yung at the Pansat distributor about my 330A. He told me
    that if I do the software update that is on their web
    (http://www.pansatusa.com/home.htm) , then with the addition of an AC-3
    decoder (included in most home theater systems) I should be OK. He would
    not recommend any decoder so don't ask me about them yet.

    Today I will buy a couple of DB-9 connectors to make the required null modem
    cable, and this weekend will do some home theater shopping.

    "stan" <Vietnam Vet@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > I have a pansat300a.
    > I am trying to get Tech TV.I get video but I do not get Audio.
    > Anybody out there know how I am able to pick up the audio for Tech TV?
    > Thanks for your help.
    > Vietnam Vet

  4. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    On Fri, 28 May 2004 05:47:10 -0700, "duncan"
    <dmoyer@accessfourless.net> wrote:

    >Tech TV Audio?

    I saw an article that suggested TechTV will be "Toast" shortly.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    goferit@mycom.com wrote in

    > On Fri, 28 May 2004 05:47:10 -0700, "duncan"
    ><dmoyer@accessfourless.net> wrote:
    >
    >>Tech TV Audio?
    >
    > I saw an article that suggested TechTV will be "Toast" shortly.

    ++++++

    Their web site is toast at the moment. Today (May 28th) is the day when
    it is supposed to become www.g4techtv.com, but that does not work at the
    moment either. They must be switching now.

    I think their new format will be weighted more heavily toward computer
    gaming, but they are supposed to keep some shows such as "The Screen
    Savers" as they have been with perhaps more emphasis on gaming.

    I look at that as an excuse to stop watching them for the first time in
    years. I have never had any interest in computer gaming. I hope I can
    succeed in breaking my addiction to TechTV. It is a golden opportunity to
    do just that.

    Wish me luck during my withdrawal,

    PON
  6. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    duncan wrote:

    > siteI spoke with Yung at the Pansat distributor about my 330A. He told me
    > that if I do the software update that is on their web
    > (http://www.pansatusa.com/home.htm) , then with the addition of an AC-3
    > decoder (included in most home theater systems) I should be OK. He would
    > not recommend any decoder so don't ask me about them yet.
    >
    > Today I will buy a couple of DB-9 connectors to make the required null
    > modem cable, and this weekend will do some home theater shopping.

    It would be nice if Pansat would provide better instructions. For example, 3
    files extracted. One was the utility for flashing the receiver but no
    explanation was given as to what the other 2 files are for. They both show
    up in the window for files to select from. Is one of them a firmware
    upgrade and the other a channel list upgrade? Also, I have a 300A but no
    instructions were provided to help people determine which one of the 2 zip
    files to download. Also, no information is provided telling me what
    features are being upgraded. For all I know it's not worth my time to do
    this if it doesn't provide additional functionality.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    I agree. I downloaded a firmware upgrade for a 2500A and it ended up turning
    my machine into a PAL European version. They put the wrong firmware on the
    pansatusa.com site.

    <johnny@n0sq.net> wrote in message
    > duncan wrote:
    >
    > > siteI spoke with Yung at the Pansat distributor about my 330A. He told
    me
    > > that if I do the software update that is on their web
    > > (http://www.pansatusa.com/home.htm) , then with the addition of an AC-3
    > > decoder (included in most home theater systems) I should be OK. He
    would
    > > not recommend any decoder so don't ask me about them yet.
    > >
    > > Today I will buy a couple of DB-9 connectors to make the required null
    > > modem cable, and this weekend will do some home theater shopping.
    > >

    > It would be nice if Pansat would provide better instructions. For example,
    3
    > files extracted. One was the utility for flashing the receiver but no
    > explanation was given as to what the other 2 files are for. They both show
    > up in the window for files to select from. Is one of them a firmware
    > upgrade and the other a channel list upgrade? Also, I have a 300A but no
    > instructions were provided to help people determine which one of the 2 zip
    > files to download. Also, no information is provided telling me what
    > features are being upgraded. For all I know it's not worth my time to do
    > this if it doesn't provide additional functionality.

  8. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    "Me" <me@me.com> wrote in

    > I agree. I downloaded a firmware upgrade for a 2500A and it ended up
    > turning my machine into a PAL European version. They put the wrong
    > firmware on the pansatusa.com site.

    +++++++++

    Are you sure?

    I have a Fortec Lifetime receiver and I have no experience with Pansat
    receivers.

    However, when I do a firmware upgrade on the receiver, it does go into
    the default mode which is for PAL tv. It is then difficult to read the
    menus on an NTSC set, but the menu options are there to select NTSC mode
    instead of PAL.

    PON
  9. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    True, you can switch to NTSC, which I did after some trouble getting the
    right key combinations on the remote. but the real problem with the PAL
    version is that you don't get any of pre-configured North American
    satellites with that PAL default firmware (at least with the Pansat 2500A
    you don't) I guess you can add them manually, but thats a pain.

    Anyway it was a mistake by Pansat, they have corrected the problem on the
    site
    i was just one of the unlucky few that downloaded the PAL firmware the first
    few days after they released it.

    "Pseud O. Nym" <pon@blurry-vision.com> wrote in message
    > "Me" <me@me.com> wrote in
    >
    > > I agree. I downloaded a firmware upgrade for a 2500A and it ended up
    > > turning my machine into a PAL European version. They put the wrong
    > > firmware on the pansatusa.com site.
    > >

    > +++++++++
    >
    > Are you sure?
    >
    > I have a Fortec Lifetime receiver and I have no experience with Pansat
    > receivers.
    >
    > However, when I do a firmware upgrade on the receiver, it does go into
    > the default mode which is for PAL tv. It is then difficult to read the
    > menus on an NTSC set, but the menu options are there to select NTSC mode
    > instead of PAL.
    >
    > PON

  10. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    In the future if the output is set to PAL try putting the DVB display
    into a PIP window, In PIP it will usually synch well enough to be
    recognizable.

    "Me" <me@me.com> wrote in message news:s2cvc.21013$Hn.742555@news20.bellglobal.com...
    | True, you can switch to NTSC, which I did after some trouble getting the
    | right key combinations on the remote. but the real problem with the PAL
    | version is that you don't get any of pre-configured North American
    | satellites with that PAL default firmware (at least with the Pansat 2500A
    | you don't) I guess you can add them manually, but thats a pain.
    |
    | Anyway it was a mistake by Pansat, they have corrected the problem on the
    | site
    | i was just one of the unlucky few that downloaded the PAL firmware the first
    | few days after they released it.
    |

    | "Pseud O. Nym" <pon@blurry-vision.com> wrote in message
    | > "Me" <me@me.com> wrote in
    | >
    | > > I agree. I downloaded a firmware upgrade for a 2500A and it ended up
    | > > turning my machine into a PAL European version. They put the wrong
    | > > firmware on the pansatusa.com site.
    | > >

    | > +++++++++
    | >
    | > Are you sure?
    | >
    | > I have a Fortec Lifetime receiver and I have no experience with Pansat
    | > receivers.
    | >
    | > However, when I do a firmware upgrade on the receiver, it does go into
    | > the default mode which is for PAL tv. It is then difficult to read the
    | > menus on an NTSC set, but the menu options are there to select NTSC mode
    | > instead of PAL.
    | >
    | > PON

  11. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    thanks for the tip. i used an old tv with a horizontal hold to figure it
    out
    if it happens again, i will try the PIP trick

    "DRLev" <fake,@ddress.net> wrote in message
    > In the future if the output is set to PAL try putting the DVB display
    > into a PIP window, In PIP it will usually synch well enough to be
    > recognizable.
    >

    > "Me" <me@me.com> wrote in message
    > | True, you can switch to NTSC, which I did after some trouble getting the
    > | right key combinations on the remote. but the real problem with the PAL
    > | version is that you don't get any of pre-configured North American
    > | satellites with that PAL default firmware (at least with the Pansat
    2500A
    > | you don't) I guess you can add them manually, but thats a pain.
    > |
    > | Anyway it was a mistake by Pansat, they have corrected the problem on
    the
    > | site
    > | i was just one of the unlucky few that downloaded the PAL firmware the
    first
    > | few days after they released it.
    > |

    > | "Pseud O. Nym" <pon@blurry-vision.com> wrote in message
    > | > "Me" <me@me.com> wrote in

    > | > +++++++++
    > | >
    > | > Are you sure?
    > | >
    > | > I have a Fortec Lifetime receiver and I have no experience with Pansat
    > | > receivers.
    > | >
    > | > However, when I do a firmware upgrade on the receiver, it does go into
    > | > the default mode which is for PAL tv. It is then difficult to read the
    > | > menus on an NTSC set, but the menu options are there to select NTSC
    mode
    > | > instead of PAL.
    > | >
    > | > PON

  12. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 19:00:08 -0400, "Me" <me@me.com> wrote:

    >I agree. I downloaded a firmware upgrade for a 2500A and it ended up turning
    >my machine into a PAL European version. They put the wrong firmware on the
    >pansatusa.com site.

    Do you have all the euro sats or US? Their are multiple FW's. Get
    gtools the PC editor for it. You can only use it to add sats and
    transponders, but it is still a cool addition.

MPEG DVB TV Audio Video