Will 922 need VC2+ cartridge ?

I am one of those clueless law-abiders, the rare breed (if I'm to
believe all I read about BUD pirates) who got a legit VC2+ module and
paid for my subscriptions from the beginning.

Now that I'm probably going to switch my Monty for a Motorola 4DTV, I
see no mention of getting a vc2+ module for the new IRD in the vendor
websites.

Is my old module gonna be needed in a 922?
If not, do we lose those analog encrypted feeds when we go 4DTV?

Using my Monty with a 905 Sidecar, I can see both.
I do like having that choice (while those analog feeds last, that is).

-Pham

"Sometimes you feel like a nut/ Someimes you don't..."
2 answers Last reply
More about 922 vc2 cartridge
  1. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    Your old module will work fine in the 922

    Lee Richardson

    "Pham" <Pham@NoBlok.net> wrote in message
    > I am one of those clueless law-abiders, the rare breed (if I'm to
    > believe all I read about BUD pirates) who got a legit VC2+ module and
    > paid for my subscriptions from the beginning.
    >
    > Now that I'm probably going to switch my Monty for a Motorola 4DTV, I
    > see no mention of getting a vc2+ module for the new IRD in the vendor
    > websites.
    >
    > Is my old module gonna be needed in a 922?
    > If not, do we lose those analog encrypted feeds when we go 4DTV?
    >
    > Using my Monty with a 905 Sidecar, I can see both.
    > I do like having that choice (while those analog feeds last, that is).
    >
    > -Pham
    >
    > "Sometimes you feel like a nut/ Someimes you don't..."
  2. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 06:35:33 GMT, Pham <Pham@NoBlok.net> wrote:

    >I am one of those clueless law-abiders, the rare breed (if I'm to
    >believe all I read about BUD pirates) who got a legit VC2+ module and
    >paid for my subscriptions from the beginning.
    >
    >Now that I'm probably going to switch my Monty for a Motorola 4DTV, I
    >see no mention of getting a vc2+ module for the new IRD in the vendor
    >websites.
    >
    >Is my old module gonna be needed in a 922?
    >If not, do we lose those analog encrypted feeds when we go 4DTV?
    >
    >Using my Monty with a 905 Sidecar, I can see both.
    >I do like having that choice (while those analog feeds last, that is).

    Yes, you will put your old VC2+ module in the 922.That is, if you
    don't leave it in the slave monty. :)

4DTV Satellite