• Corsair Vengeance 1400

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Corsair Raptor HS30

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jumaqidi

Reputable
Aug 12, 2014
Hi on a budget so can't rly spend much. Here's some of the headsets I am considering. Tell me which you think is the best and why. Thanks :)
1. Logitech G230
2. Corsair Raptor HS30
3. Corsair Vengeance 1400

Not wanting their USB sound card counterpart since the surround sound works on software too. I have the Razer Surround Sound Pro so yeah.

AcemanX

Honorable
Jul 30, 2013
I just bought the 1400 and there was so many reviews saying it sounded great and the bass was awesome, got them today, been playing with them all afternoon and to be honest, even though I have onboard sound, it's one of Realtek's best and has headphone amplifiers built in, it wasn't until i installed the razer surround program that the headset finally shined and sounded amazing in BF3, sucks that I don't have pro so I can't calibrate it like you would, but right now im loving these with the surround on, it just explodes, so dont know if you're into bass but these are a tad bit high on bass and lacking on the mids and highs...if it wasn't for the fact that I bought them on sale on newegg for $52.99 - 10% coupon = $47.63 so I did get a gread deal because of course these aren't seinheiser but after using my $15 in newegg credits and costing me out the door $33 i cannot complain for the quality plus they are comfy as well, I know it doesn't help but I would tell you NOT to get the HS30 simply because that is considered a lesser quality headset than the Vengeance line by Corsair themselves..if you look at youtube videos even though these came out after the vengeance they are marketed, and priced, as lower quality levels. My other choice was the Logitech G230, but in the end the reviews of the boominess of the 1400 is what swayed me to it. Ill never know what the G230's will sound like...

EDIT: after some breaking in these are sounding better when listening to music when Im NOT using razer's surround, they sound awesome by themselves for music, gaming i enable razer's surround

EDIT OF EDIT: lol sorry but in live songs, it sounds better with surround on, so it depends on the tune i guess!

Jumaqidi

Reputable
Aug 12, 2014
Hmm... Does the 1400 ear cups swivel up and down? I tried some headsets and their ear cups do not swivel and the bottom of the ear cups are not closed and so air enters and it is not comfortable. :c Also, is it comfortable with specs since I wear them.

AcemanX

Honorable
Jul 30, 2013

when you put it on it completely covers your ears, and its comfy inside there, I can't hear anyone when sound is playing, now if they swivel i don't get what you mean, you can make them longer if you have a big head by extending on each side, and the 2 ear pieces swivel sideways, so you can put them on your chest or desk, check out this pic, these arent the headsets exactly, i believe the ones pictured are the 1300, but you can see how you can put them flat on a desk since its swivels sideways

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg28/scaled.php?server=28&filename=flatcups.jpg&res=landing

Jumaqidi

Reputable
Aug 12, 2014
I mean like does the ear cups move up and down? Not saying the extension of the headphone but rather the ear cups moving up and down. Nvm if you don't get it xD Are they comfy with specs though?