Samsung Evo 250GB High/Incorrect Benchmark Results?

TheDragon

Reputable
Aug 12, 2014
First time posting (more of a lurker), So apologies if this is in the wrong place/incorrect formatting. However I have an Issue I wouldn't mind trying to resolve/figure the reason behind it. I have owned a samsung evo 250GB for a month. I had rather low random read/write (IOPS) being in the range of 40000 (according to samsung magician) and around 400MB/s sequential. This is with it optimised for performance. Today I decided to see how much a difference 'rapid' mode would make. I enabled it, rebooted and then benchmarked it.

When I benchmarked it I was rather surprised with the results (primarily sequential) and thought it must be samsung magician being incorrect, so I then benchmarked it with AS SSD and CrystalDiskMark, similar results. I then Benched my seagate barracudas (1TB 7200rpm) and they gave normal results.

So my main question is what could be the reason for these results as they seem so incorrect. I have rebooted several times since and re-benched same outcome. Screenshot below:

n1oLsUL.jpg

System Specs:
AMD 8350 3.5Ghz. 8GB (4GBx2) 1600Mhz RAM. AsRock Extreme3 970(latest bios). HIS AMD 7950 ICEQ BOOST. Samsung Evo 250GB SSD. 2x1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200. Windows 8.1.

Palorim12

Distinguished