Panasonic AG-LD20 Laserdisc player not playing LD's?

Hi, I have a Panasonic multidisc LD player that plays CD's, cd video,
and Laserdiscs. It plays the CD's just fine but for some reason it is
not playing the laserdiscs. I took the cover off to observe what is
happening and it appears that the disc starts to spin up, then it
stops after 2 seconds or so.

I read about a similar problem with a Pioneer player and someone
suggested cleaning the rubber clamping thing that is part of the
spindle motor and I tried that but it is still doing the same thing.

Any hints on what could cause this? Could it be out of alingment or
anything else?

thanks
lp
1 answer Last reply
More about panasonic ld20 laserdisc player playing

    You have a different problem, could be a few different things.

    I'd actually recommend a new used unit, I'm not sure who works on the
    Panasonic industrial units, I don't have a service manual for it.

    Kurtis

    "Luke Perry" <doidy1@juno.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, I have a Panasonic multidisc LD player that plays CD's, cd video,
    > and Laserdiscs. It plays the CD's just fine but for some reason it is
    > not playing the laserdiscs. I took the cover off to observe what is
    > happening and it appears that the disc starts to spin up, then it
    > stops after 2 seconds or so.
    >
    > I read about a similar problem with a Pioneer player and someone
    > suggested cleaning the rubber clamping thing that is part of the
    > spindle motor and I tried that but it is still doing the same thing.
    >
    > Any hints on what could cause this? Could it be out of alingment or
    > anything else?
    >

    > thanks
    > lp

Laser Disc Players Video CD-Rom Panasonic