Connection-Switch question

I currently have a Dish500 system with an additional dish pointed at 61.5.
All LNB's are dual legacy's and go into a SW64. I am installing a 36" FTA
dish and want to combine the Dish LNB's with the 36" LNB. What I want to do
is split each of the Dual LNB's into at least 3 outputs so I can run 2 each
back into the SW64 and take the one leftover and combine it with the
Universal LNB send all 4 to a nexus-s. I know I may get flamed for this but
I dont want to steal any signals and replace my current 4 IRD paid accounts
with any alternative setup. I want to get all the FTA stuff Dish has (music
channels in particular) through my computer and any other FTA stuff thats
out there from the 36" dish.

I know I need a 4 in, one out, DiSEqC switch to the nexus but what kind of
switch or splitter do I need to split my runs comming from the DISH LNB's
for reconnection to the SW64? Will a normal 2.2ghz splitter work or do I
need a multi switch of some kind.
1 answer Last reply
More about connection switch question
  1. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    On Sat, 15 May 2004 08:30:28 -0500, "Old Fart" <drc_40@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >I currently have a Dish500 system with an additional dish pointed at 61.5.
    >All LNB's are dual legacy's and go into a SW64. I am installing a 36" FTA
    >dish and want to combine the Dish LNB's with the 36" LNB. What I want to do
    >is split each of the Dual LNB's into at least 3 outputs so I can run 2 each
    >back into the SW64 and take the one leftover and combine it with the
    >Universal LNB send all 4 to a nexus-s. I know I may get flamed for this but
    >I dont want to steal any signals and replace my current 4 IRD paid accounts
    >with any alternative setup. I want to get all the FTA stuff Dish has (music
    >channels in particular) through my computer and any other FTA stuff thats
    >out there from the 36" dish.
    >
    >I know I need a 4 in, one out, DiSEqC switch to the nexus but what kind of
    >switch or splitter do I need to split my runs comming from the DISH LNB's
    >for reconnection to the SW64? Will a normal 2.2ghz splitter work or do I
    >need a multi switch of some kind.

    You need to use multiswitches. Three 2x4's should take care of you.

MPEG DVB Connection Switch