Titanic run time

Does anyone know why the Titanic Japan release PILF-2580 apparently
runs 2 minutes longer than the US discs ?
6 answers Last reply
More about titanic run time

    "Nicolas Santini" <nsa@dk.catv.ne.jp> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know why the Titanic Japan release PILF-2580 apparently
    > runs 2 minutes longer than the US discs ?

    I think the Japanese had better metal so the ship stayed afloat longer? ;o)

    On Sat, 08 May 2004 22:43:04 GMT, "Bernie Woodham"
    <birnhamwood@insightbb.com> wrote:

    >"Nicolas Santini" <nsa@dk.catv.ne.jp> wrote in message
    >> Does anyone know why the Titanic Japan release PILF-2580 apparently
    >> runs 2 minutes longer than the US discs ?
    >
    >I think the Japanese had better metal so the ship stayed afloat longer? ;o)

    keep ya day job jack.

    More opening logos maybe? :)

    Julien

    "Julien WILK" <newsgroup@generikz-NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
    > More opening logos maybe? :)
    >
    > Julien
    >

    > Nicolas Santini wrote:
    >
    > > Does anyone know why the Titanic Japan release PILF-2580 apparently
    > > runs 2 minutes longer than the US discs ?

    If this is the running time as printed on the cover, then it may include the
    trailer - if there is one on the disc - as Japanese LD's and DVD's sometimes
    inlcude all the extras in the cover rt.

    Miles

    "Miles Wood" <diabolik@netvigator.com> wrote in message news:<c7ke4c$1i11@imsp212.netvigator.com>...
    > "Julien WILK" <newsgroup@generikz-NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
    > > More opening logos maybe? :)
    > >
    > > Julien
    > >

    > > Nicolas Santini wrote:
    > >
    > > > Does anyone know why the Titanic Japan release PILF-2580 apparently
    > > > runs 2 minutes longer than the US discs ?
    >
    > If this is the running time as printed on the cover, then it may include the
    > trailer - if there is one on the disc - as Japanese LD's and DVD's sometimes
    > inlcude all the extras in the cover rt.
    >
    > Miles

    No extras on this disc. I just checked the running times on all sides.
    They have included 2 minutes of THX, Dolby, Pioneer and opening legal
    logos in the 196 minutes.

    > keep ya day job jack.

    Sorry, could'nt resist.

Laser Disc Players Video