Is this a good prebuilt PC by HP for gaming ?

saberispro

Reputable
Aug 6, 2014
Computer:
-http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Desktops/HP-ENVY/G5B64AV?HP-ENVY-Phoenix-810qe-Desktop-PC

Are the specs of this computer good enough to run games on a good fps rate on highish settings, with these 2 monitors?

Monitors
-http://www.amazon.com/Asus-VS238H-P-23-Inch-Full-HD-LED-Lit/dp/B005BZNEVQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1407902546&sr=8-2&keywords=asus+23+inch

I play Runescape 3, rs 07, guild wars 1 , wow, guild wars 2, can this pc run these games good on these monitors?
Thanks for any advice\feedback :)

Well actually, for your specific games, it should do pretty good.

Just some thoughts though:

It's CPU is overpowered for it's graphics card, and it's graphics card is kind of weak. BUT, the games you care about are more CPU intensive games anyways, so the CPU is good for them, but still overpowered in the long run.

It overpowered for either of them, but less so than the 770.

But the games you chose aren't high quality graphics games (except maybe GW2) so the 745 will probably work fine for all of them (except maybe GW2 where you'd have to turn the settings down.

I assume when you say you're going to use two monitors that means you'll have the game open on one monitor and a web browser or something on the other right?

I'm going to assume you'll only be gaming on 1 monitor.

All MMOs require a stronger CPU than GPU. The i7-4770K is overkill for really any game, it's ridiculously fast and supports more threads than most games can even use.

The GTX 745 should perform well enough for high-ish settings in Guild Wars 2, probably not ultra. The other games you listed would run at ultra settings. Either the R9 270 or GTX 770 (which appear to be the other video card options for that PC) would be more than enough for ultra settings, but with the obvious drawback of being overkill and costing more.

saberispro

Reputable
Aug 6, 2014
Overpowered in my mind is good lol. Are you guys saying if a i7 4770k is overpowered for games thats bad..? From what you guys said i should just buy the version with the 745 in it.. and yes i'd game on 1 monitor and the other one would be for web browsing, ts, skype, etc...

How much of a difference is a gtx 770 from a gtx 745 in fps wise and stuff. I don't know much about hardware, i just want something that runs these games pretty smooth :)

Thanks everyone for all the feed back :D

A part being overpowered isn't really 'bad', just a use of money that could go towards more directly noticeable things instead.

mlga91

Admirable

The difference between the gtx 770 and the 745 is MASSIVE, a 770 can max out almost any game a 1080p, 745 is good for medium high at 720p or 900p, i suggest you a i5 cpu and a high end graphic card.

saberispro

Reputable
Aug 6, 2014
Alright everyone thank you very much for all the help with my decision. I realize that a i5 with a high end GPU would be a better choice, but i'm buying this prebuilt HP and it only comes with the i7 4770k or a i7 thats not unlocked. So i think i'll go with the i7 4770k and GTX 770 and i'll be set for many years. :)

True. Go with that i7 and you'll be set for (probably) 5+ years on the CPU side.

Then again, maybe you don't want the GTX 770.
The GTX 745 would last well enough for a year, and next year DX12 cards will be releasing. A scaled-back version of DX12 will be patched into the GTX 770, but for full DX12 support you'd need an unreleased GTX 8xx series card.

Maybe get the GTX 745 for now, then in a year sell it off and pick up a GTX 860 (which should perform comparably to a GTX 770, with full DX12 support and lower cost).

saberispro

Reputable
Aug 6, 2014
Dang.. nice thinking man.. thanks a lot. Thats a very good point.

Do you think hat GTX 745 will be good enough for me for playing MMOS like Guildwars 1 and 2, WoW, Runescape 3? Considering they mostly use CPU so i been told

I haven't played the other MMOs, but I'd guess it would have no trouble with them. The reason everyone was debating GW2 is because it's supposed to be the hardest to run.