Titan SLI, 780TI overclocking Titan Black etc.

James Orme

Honorable
Apr 20, 2013
Just wanted to see what other people were getting.

On my original Asus Titans in SLI I can get quite a beasty overclock by having a very step fan curve (still not noisy even at full load) and only getting to about 75 degrees which is cooler than they used to run on stock fan settings with standard boost.

I get about 1148mhz clock speed on each one and about 88 on the standard memory clock.

I notice quite a noticeable difference when overclocked. Games are smooth as silk even at full settings (minus some of the higher anti-aliasing settings)

How does this compare to the overclocked and stock speeds of some of the newer cards?

Just interested really, as I love my titans! best cards I have ever owned.

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador
Wont be a huge upgrade to 780 Ti or Titan blacks IMO, hardly noticable considering your good overclocks. Plus at higher resolutions or higher levels of AA you have an vram advantage over the 780 Tis.

I would wait for the GK110 Maxwell replacement, probably next year before upgrading.

James Orme

Honorable
Apr 20, 2013
Sorry not upgrading just interested. Since the 780ti are the same family of chips it should be very similar clock for clock.

Just wanted to here peoples experiences. I havent really even tried a massive overclock on these, just uping the fan and Clock speed, but have been very impressed.

And yes the VRAM does help, but with everything else at the highest on a 2k display I max out at 4xMSAA anti-aliasing (by max out I mean the smoothest possible gameplay, although that was on 337.** driver and now on 340 so will test later)

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador
Dual Titan blacks on Valley, Extreme HD

By trawetSluaP
2e3zmna.jpg

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador

I wish that Titan black SLI score was my rig!

I have a lowly single GTX 680, albeit quite overclocked and with a liquid cooler attached to it:

680oc4.PNG

James Orme

Honorable
Apr 20, 2013
Thanks for posting yours. I did read your signature and thought it was just out of date! I will post my tonight and we can see if my Titans are up to scratch haha.

James Orme

Honorable
Apr 20, 2013
Posted! Also did a nice side by side comparison of the Titan black rig results and mine! He shouldn't mind as he does have a big boost on mine!

TRENDING THREADS