New To This

Not sure what this is. Do you add this to your dtv receiver or is this a
stand alone? Can you use your small dish or do have to purchase a new large
dish? I am really interested in purchasing one of these systems but want to
get the whole deal on it before I purchase. Can someone fill me in on this
system? Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about question
  1. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 00:43:01 GMT, "SmokenJoe"
    <smoken_joe332@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >Not sure what this is. Do you add this to your dtv receiver or is this a
    >stand alone? Can you use your small dish or do have to purchase a new large
    >dish? I am really interested in purchasing one of these systems but want to
    >get the whole deal on it before I purchase. Can someone fill me in on this
    >system? Thanks

    First off it is not a way to get free DBS programming (except for a
    few video channels an a number of audio channels on
    Dishnet/Expressvu).

    You use it as well as your current system. To get the most out of it,
    you need a C/Ku dish system, alhough you can get by with a motorised
    90CM Ku dish, or even a fixed dish or two.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    gee Gary your finaly helping out and not bashing someone trying to stael TV

    "Gary Tait" <classicsat@yahoo.cominvalid> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 00:43:01 GMT, "SmokenJoe"
    > <smoken_joe332@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Not sure what this is. Do you add this to your dtv receiver or is this a
    > >stand alone? Can you use your small dish or do have to purchase a new
    large
    > >dish? I am really interested in purchasing one of these systems but want
    > >get the whole deal on it before I purchase. Can someone fill me in on
    this
    > >system? Thanks
    > >

    > First off it is not a way to get free DBS programming (except for a
    > few video channels an a number of audio channels on
    > Dishnet/Expressvu).
    >
    > You use it as well as your current system. To get the most out of it,
    > you need a C/Ku dish system, alhough you can get by with a motorised
    > 90CM Ku dish, or even a fixed dish or two.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    DTV & Dish aren't the only game in town. There's lots of freebies FTA = free
    to air. It's not exactly high end stuff tho. Mostly public service,
    religious, ethinic. 4dtv has more channels than DTV & Dish for around
    $60./mo. It is possible to steal Dish with a DVB card or receiver apparently
    with the proper plug in as far as I can tell (see al7bar). Don't ask me how.

    http://www.4dtv.com/
    http://www.drdish.com/eng/
    http://sadoun.com/index.htm
    http://www.lyngsat.com/index.html
    http://www.dvbnews.com/
    http://www.phonedialerpro.com/VirtualRemote_review.htm
    http://forums.dvbnetwork.com/
    http://www.al7bar.tk/forums/index.php?

    "SmokenJoe" <smoken_joe332@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Not sure what this is. Do you add this to your dtv receiver or is this a
    > stand alone? Can you use your small dish or do have to purchase a new
    large
    > dish? I am really interested in purchasing one of these systems but want
    > get the whole deal on it before I purchase. Can someone fill me in on
    this
    > system? Thanks

MPEG DVB Video