Do MPEG receivers do KU band?

Possibly a dumb newbie question but can the MPEG digital receivers
also receive/display analog KU band signals? I have a GI 550i which
does okay on KU band but searching for signals is a hassle. Maybe I'm
doing something wrong but thought if the new line of MPEG receivers
with blind search could also handle analog KU my problems would be
solved and I'd get the advantage of FTA at the same time. Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about mpeg receivers band
  1. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    No mepg-2 receivers do not receive analog;they receive "mpeg-2 digital
    signals."

    I think sat cruiser makes a combo analog\mpeg-2 rcvr,but it's quite pricey.

    --
    http://mrelectronicsca.tripod.com/computers
    http://www.ezinfocenter.com/8582998
    "Marcel" <thecentaur@softhome.net> wrote in message
    > Possibly a dumb newbie question but can the MPEG digital receivers
    > also receive/display analog KU band signals? I have a GI 550i which
    > does okay on KU band but searching for signals is a hassle. Maybe I'm
    > doing something wrong but thought if the new line of MPEG receivers
    > with blind search could also handle analog KU my problems would be
    > solved and I'd get the advantage of FTA at the same time. Thanks

    ---
  2. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    On Wed, 05 May 2004 13:39:14 GMT, Marcel <thecentaur@softhome.net>
    wrote:

    >Possibly a dumb newbie question but can the MPEG digital receivers
    >also receive/display analog KU band signals? I have a GI 550i which
    >does okay on KU band but searching for signals is a hassle. Maybe I'm
    >doing something wrong but thought if the new line of MPEG receivers
    >with blind search could also handle analog KU my problems would be
    >solved and I'd get the advantage of FTA at the same time. Thanks

    No they cannot. You have to get an analog/digital combo.

    If scanning analog Ku is a problem for you, you might consider
    getting a knob tuned analog receiver (be sure to get a block one).

MPEG DVB MPEG