DVB software question.

Vision plus is not advertised to get encrypted channels by the mfg, yet I
hear it is being done and works well so far.....Is the software that comes
with the DVB capable of doing this or is there a third party ware that is
needed?

If so, what is the most popular one or the most stable?

I have a 1.4Athlon with 256 and GForce4-64mb

TIA
4 answers Last reply
More about dvb software question
  1. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 00:33:57 GMT, "Cameleon" <kc@large.com> wrote:

    >Vision plus is not advertised to get encrypted channels by the mfg,

    That is because they don't have CA facilities.

    >yet I
    >hear it is being done and works well so far.....Is the software that comes
    >with the DVB capable of doing this or is there a third party ware that is
    >needed?

    That is because it is service thieves that have figured out how to do
    that. Ask around their forums if you are looking to steal TV.

    If you are looking to get pay channels on a DVB-PCI card, contact your
    pay provider to see about that.

    >If so, what is the most popular one or the most stable?
    >
    >I have a 1.4Athlon with 256 and GForce4-64mb
    >
    >TIA

  2. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    I DID NOT KNOW YOU COULD SUB THROUGH DVB...THANKS I WILL CHECK IT OUT...!

    "Gary Tait" <classicsat@yahoo.cominvalid> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 00:33:57 GMT, "Cameleon" <kc@large.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Vision plus is not advertised to get encrypted channels by the mfg,
    >
    > That is because they don't have CA facilities.
    >
    > >yet I
    > >hear it is being done and works well so far.....Is the software that
    comes
    > >with the DVB capable of doing this or is there a third party ware that is
    > >needed?
    >
    > That is because it is service thieves that have figured out how to do
    > that. Ask around their forums if you are looking to steal TV.
    >
    > If you are looking to get pay channels on a DVB-PCI card, contact your
    > pay provider to see about that.
    >

    > >If so, what is the most popular one or the most stable?
    > >
    > >I have a 1.4Athlon with 256 and GForce4-64mb
    > >
    > >TIA

  3. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 09:25:03 GMT, "Cameleon" <kc@large.com> wrote:

    >I DID NOT KNOW YOU COULD SUB THROUGH DVB...THANKS I WILL CHECK IT OUT...!

    You can't usually, but still, acess to their programming is their
    buinsess, not yours.

    >"Gary Tait" <classicsat@yahoo.cominvalid> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 00:33:57 GMT, "Cameleon" <kc@large.com> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Vision plus is not advertised to get encrypted channels by the mfg,
    >>
    >> That is because they don't have CA facilities.
    >>
    >> >yet I
    >> >hear it is being done and works well so far.....Is the software that
    >comes
    >> >with the DVB capable of doing this or is there a third party ware that is
    >> >needed?
    >>
    >> That is because it is service thieves that have figured out how to do
    >> that. Ask around their forums if you are looking to steal TV.
    >>
    >> If you are looking to get pay channels on a DVB-PCI card, contact your
    >> pay provider to see about that.
    >>

    >> >If so, what is the most popular one or the most stable?
    >> >
    >> >I have a 1.4Athlon with 256 and GForce4-64mb
    >> >
    >> >TIA

  4. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    Hey Gary, those Atmega's that you sold me are DOA!! They don't work.

    > On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 09:25:03 GMT, "Cameleon" <kc@large.com> wrote:
    >
    > >I DID NOT KNOW YOU COULD SUB THROUGH DVB...THANKS I WILL CHECK IT OUT...!
    > >

    > You can't usually, but still, acess to their programming is their
    > buinsess, not yours.
    >

    > >"Gary Tait" <classicsat@yahoo.cominvalid> wrote in message

    > >> That is because they don't have CA facilities.

    > >comes
    > >>
    > >> That is because it is service thieves that have figured out how to do
    > >> that. Ask around their forums if you are looking to steal TV.
    > >>
    > >> If you are looking to get pay channels on a DVB-PCI card, contact your
    > >> pay provider to see about that.

MPEG DVB Software Video