Good 27" Monitor for Gaming...

Torkilon

Honorable
Aug 4, 2014
I'm looking for a good 27" monitor mainly for gaming. I can spend 300€ max.

From what I've read gaming monitors should have small "ms" and big "Hz". Are this values the same just in different measures?

Also what is the best computer monitor company?

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780Ti SC ACX

Solution

MS is for response time, this will tell you how many MS it takes before each pixel on the monitor can change color, if too slow then you get an artifact called ghosting. Which is why 5ms or less is recommended for gaming.

Hz is for Refresh Rate, refresh rate tells the monitor how many times to update the displays frame, so 60hz means that it will...

Torkilon

Honorable
Aug 4, 2014

Never heard of AOC but seems like a nice monitor.

The thing is that I already have a 24" monitor and I want to upgrade to 27"...

MS is for response time, this will tell you how many MS it takes before each pixel on the monitor can change color, if too slow then you get an artifact called ghosting. Which is why 5ms or less is recommended for gaming.

Hz is for Refresh Rate, refresh rate tells the monitor how many times to update the displays frame, so 60hz means that it will display 60 frames per second, and 144 or 120hz means it will display 144fps per second or 120 fps per second.

when getting a 120hz monitor, in gaming you will get a lot better visual experience, everything will be even more buttery smooth and more realistic, and because of this your performance in games will also increase from a small amount to significantly depending on your eyes.

Solution

Torkilon

Honorable
Aug 4, 2014

Thank you. Very clear description of both values.

The problem is that not every monitor shows how much Hz it has. The monitor I listed above has no information about Hz...