Upgrading a 5040 with a 250 meg hard drive

I had a tivo series one that I upgraded with a 120 gig drive and the
menu got very slow. I would like to upgrade my replay with a 250 gig
drive and was wondering if I would likely have speed problems ?

Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about upgrading 5040 250 meg hard drive

    The 250 GB Maxtor is an ideal upgrade for a ReplayTV unit. The 250 GB Maxtor
    is also faster than the original drive that's in there.

    Bye.

    "No Spam Please" <q1m7ot001@sneakemail.com> wrote in message
    > I had a tivo series one that I upgraded with a 120 gig drive and the
    > menu got very slow. I would like to upgrade my replay with a 250 gig
    > drive and was wondering if I would likely have speed problems ?
    >
    > Thanks

    A piece of cake to upgrade my 5504 to 250gb.

    Chris Werner

    "No Spam Please" <q1m7ot001@sneakemail.com> wrote in message
    > I had a tivo series one that I upgraded with a 120 gig drive and the
    > menu got very slow. I would like to upgrade my replay with a 250 gig
    > drive and was wondering if I would likely have speed problems ?
    >
    > Thanks

    Did it two weeks ago on a 5080.
    Faster than it was prior to the switch.

    Xarias wrote:

    > Did it two weeks ago on a 5080.
    > Faster than it was prior to the switch.
    >
    > "No Spam Please" <q1m7ot001@sneakemail.com> wrote in message
    > > I had a tivo series one that I upgraded with a 120 gig drive and the
    > > menu got very slow. I would like to upgrade my replay with a 250 gig
    > > drive and was wondering if I would likely have speed problems ?
    > >
    > > Thanks

    What is the procedure for upgrading a 5040 that has not been previously
    upgraded?

Ptv Replaytv Hard Drives ReplayTV