SM3D12 motor question

can a fortec 75 dish mount work with this motor or does one have to change
the mount bracket to the motor at the dish pivot bolt for elevation is
located at the top where the motor enters the dish mounting bracket.
can one reverse the bracket ? Or is a univeral bracket required.
2 answers Last reply
More about sm3d12 motor question
  1. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    "sat" <spam@nospam.com> wrote in news:06WdnfPTdd_gCendRVn-vA@look.ca:

    > can a fortec 75 dish mount work with this motor or does one have to
    > change the mount bracket to the motor at the dish pivot bolt for
    > elevation is located at the top where the motor enters the dish
    > mounting bracket. can one reverse the bracket ? Or is a univeral
    > bracket required.

    ++++++++++++++++

    Did you check that instructions at:
    http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Installation/HH-mount-installation.htm

    I can't quite understand what you are asking. The sadoun site does not
    list a Fortec 75 dish. They have an 80 dish listed.

    I have a Fortec 90 dish with a STAB motor. The dish came with a mount
    which I suppose is for roof-top or wall mount. The STAB would have
    mounted on it OK but I chose to to mount it on a galvanized post in my
    back yard instead. The motor has a bracket that clamps to any vertical
    mast and the Fortec 90 dish has a bracket that clamps to the motor shaft.

    I have a commercial 48" spun aluminum dish that I plan to use when I am
    in the mood to do some upgrading. It is a heavy dish and is probably too
    heavy for an HH motor so I plan to get a V-box II interface and an
    actuator that I once used with a 10' C-band dish.

    PON
  2. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    I looked at the site and didnt see any manual for it, but I got a relpy from
    the seller , I dont need a bracket for it.
    "Pseud O. Nym" <pon@blurry-vision.com> wrote in message
    > "sat" <spam@nospam.com> wrote in news:06WdnfPTdd_gCendRVn-vA@look.ca:
    >
    > > can a fortec 75 dish mount work with this motor or does one have to
    > > change the mount bracket to the motor at the dish pivot bolt for
    > > elevation is located at the top where the motor enters the dish
    > > mounting bracket. can one reverse the bracket ? Or is a univeral
    > > bracket required.
    > >

    > ++++++++++++++++
    >
    > Did you check that instructions at:
    > http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Installation/HH-mount-installation.htm
    >
    > I can't quite understand what you are asking. The sadoun site does not
    > list a Fortec 75 dish. They have an 80 dish listed.
    >
    > I have a Fortec 90 dish with a STAB motor. The dish came with a mount
    > which I suppose is for roof-top or wall mount. The STAB would have
    > mounted on it OK but I chose to to mount it on a galvanized post in my
    > back yard instead. The motor has a bracket that clamps to any vertical
    > mast and the Fortec 90 dish has a bracket that clamps to the motor shaft.
    >
    > I have a commercial 48" spun aluminum dish that I plan to use when I am
    > in the mood to do some upgrading. It is a heavy dish and is probably too
    > heavy for an HH motor so I plan to get a V-box II interface and an
    > actuator that I once used with a 10' C-band dish.
    >
    > PON

MPEG DVB Video