Asus p5kpl am se motherboard

ozal

Reputable
Aug 10, 2014
hi guys!

i have an pc with asus p5kpl am se motherboard with intergrated grapics i want to upgrade to an gpu but i dont know what gpu's will work and what pcie version gpu i should look for .

my psu is a good 400 watt 80 +

thanks already!

ozal

Reputable
Aug 10, 2014
i dont know the exact name i am on vacation i in holland gpu's are cheap(er)... i dont really have a budget i just need a good gpu that will run games like gta 4 , test drive unlimited 2 , bully need for speed series ..... etc

UPDATE:

what pcie version cards will work on this motherboard ?

http://www.asus.com/za/Motherboards/P5KPLAM_SE/specifications/
PCIe 1.0 and PCIe 2.0 cards will work just fine with this motherboard.
A Sapphire HD6970 Dual-X is a great option for a graphics card.I would recommend that one. :)

ozal

Reputable
Aug 10, 2014
thanks alot for the help i have got some last questions

1 : Are you 100 % sure that a gtx750 ti will work
2 : what are more options

GTX 750 Ti is a PCIe 3.0,so it won't work. :p
Sapphire Dual-X HD6970 is a great option for a PCIe 2.0 card.
You will also need a new PSU,since I'm guessing that your 400W one isn't a quality one.
XFX TS 550W is a great option.
Get those two and you will be good to go. :)

ozal

Reputable
Aug 10, 2014
but isn't a pk5pl am se pcie version 1 ? for all this time i have been googlin and can only find pcie version 1 ? because i need to make 100 % sure that the card wil work with a 400 watt psu and my motherboard i am on vacation and if i go home i cant bring it back

You can't get either one of these three cards,since your PSU isn't a quality one and your mobo would bottleneck them.
I've searched around and found that the 9600 GSO or a GT620 are your best choices.
The 9600 GSO is a bit better,so get than one.
Also,if you don't have 4 GB of RAM,then get it.You won't be able to play these games you want with 2GB of RAM.
You will also need one 6-pin connector with the 9600 GSO,so make sure you have one. :)
All the best.

TRENDING THREADS