Monitor stays black for over 30 miinutes when starting up PC

SpottedChoropy

Honorable
Sep 18, 2013
Hey everyone,

I've got a problem with my monitor. Every time I start my pc up after it's been off for a long time (the entire night, or day when I was at work etc.) it takes up to 45 minutes for my monitor to actually display anything. It just stays black the entire time before popping on. It has gotten worse over the time too. It used to stay black for like 10-15 minutes max, but now it's starting to take up to 45 minutes! It doesn't do this when my PC has only been off for a short time, like an hour. If it's only been off for a short time it'll just work fine. It's not a PC problem too ( I think), beause I can hear the booting sounds from my speakers. Im using a samsung monitor that's roughly 6 years old by now, although it was a pretty quality one when I bought it. Is this a common problem with monitors? Can they just die on you after some time? Or is there another problem going on?

Thanks in advance

Solution
If you go black...

First option: its a problem with your computer, try it with another monitor.
Second option: its a problem with your monitor, in that case I would guess that a condensator is dying. It is consistent with the lengthening time it lakes to work.

Kudos,
Albert

thespaceduck

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
If you go black...

First option: its a problem with your computer, try it with another monitor.
Second option: its a problem with your monitor, in that case I would guess that a condensator is dying. It is consistent with the lengthening time it lakes to work.

Kudos,
Albert

Solution

SpottedChoropy

Honorable
Sep 18, 2013

I dont have an extra monitor laying around, but I'll give it a try with a friend's one or something. Thanks for your answer.