Advice on a new computer build

bobster2004

Reputable
Aug 15, 2014
I am looking into buying a new computer and would like advice as to if the following components work well together, if I should change something, and if there is anyway to cut some cost without cutting performance and durability.

Approximate Purchase Date: Within the next month

Budget Range: Before rebates- $857.86; after rebates- $733.85.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Most important is for gaming

Are you buying a monitor: No

Parts to purchase:
CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor
I currently have a black edition and love it.

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
I do not believe that I need a 240MM.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P ATX AM3+/AM3 Motherboard

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory

Storage: PNY Optima 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
I was contemplating going to a 120/128GB but the price seemed reasonable for this.
Keeping 1 TB 7200 RPM sata 3.0gb/s internal hard drive for now

Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 270X 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card
This seemed to be equal to cards that cost a lot more plus this had good reviews all over. I like the dual fans also.

Case: Cooler Master N400 ATX Mid Tower Case
I enjoy the fans on all four sides plus the top.

Power Supply: Antec Neo Eco 620W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply

Case Fan: Rosewill RFX-120BL 87.5 CFM 120mm Fan x5
I want to fill the spots available in the case (comes with 2 and the water cooler comes with 1). Plus I like the LEDs.

Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry 2 Fan Controller
I know this is not necessarily needed, but this is something that I would really like to have.

Do you need to buy OS: No

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: pcpartpicker.com focusing primarily through newegg.com

Parts Preferences: I want to go AMD over Intel for the CPU. Most of the other items I am flexible as to which company.

Overclocking: I am very interested in trying this but I have not attempted it before.

SLI or Crossfire: no

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: I live in an arid area and the AC does not reach the computer well. I prefer to have a case with lots of fans and want to utilize a water cooler for my CPU.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: During graphic intense moments in games, I develop a lot of lag. My current unit is also running really hot. It is over 5 years old and the CPU cooler on the motherboard has been damaged before. I repaired it to the best of my abilities, but the whole computer has to lay flat right now, something I would like to alleviate.

I would suggest 2x4gb ram as it would be faster, also get the xfx core edition 550w its a better and cheaper unit. PNY is not a good ssd brand, i would suggest you go for samsung, kingston or get a WD Caviar Black 1tb hdd.