bios and new CPU not working

oneatatime

Reputable
Jul 25, 2014
Hi, I tried to update my bios after I installed a new hard drive and it didn't work. Now that the bios has been reset my (newer) CPU won't work. I know it compatible with my motherboard, I made sure it was before I bought it its a phenom. My mobo is a biostar ta a2+ 770 I think is the exact number. I used the CPU for a while before the switch and it worked fine now I get an error message saying it can't go over 95 volts or watts but when I put my old one in it works fine but its too slow for me how do I fix this? I can't update the bios because for some reason my computer won't read USB drives, but will reconise the USB mouse just not the drivers in them!

Spacemoss

Reputable
Aug 15, 2014
A reason it may not recognize the BIOS files on your USB drive, could be the File Format structure of the USB drive you are using. For that board, it probably needs to be either FAT16 or FAT32 file structure. Temporarily save whatever is on your USB drive, somewhere else, and use Windows to format your drive. Right click on it, under my computer, and choose format, then choose FAT32 and uncheck quick format, and then format it. Save your BIOS file back to the USB drive and see if it gets recognized then.