Monitor has a roughly 1 inch black bar on its right side and i can only see a part of the task bar

Wolfamer

Reputable
Aug 16, 2014
I just bought myself a new computer and monitor but my screen isn't working properly. it has a roughly 1 inch (exactly 2 cm ) black bar on its right side, and i can only see small part of the task bar ( this also happens when i do other stuff like when I'm playing games the bottom disappears and it's annoying cause a lot of important stuff is usually down there, and when i take resolution down to 1600 x 900 it fixes itself but i want to have resolution the way it should be.
I have a:
BenQ GL2450HM monitor
a Cyberpower infantry GT Desktop
Please help!

Solution
Are you using a VGA cable? I think it will fix itself if you use a digital cable (DVI, HDMI, DP), or at least I have never had this problem with anything else than VGA.

Also, there should be settings on the monitor to adjust image size and position.

JoakimL

Honorable
May 18, 2013
Are you using a VGA cable? I think it will fix itself if you use a digital cable (DVI, HDMI, DP), or at least I have never had this problem with anything else than VGA.

Also, there should be settings on the monitor to adjust image size and position.

Solution

Wolfamer

Reputable
Aug 16, 2014

thanks man, fixed it. in owe you one