Do i need more than 60Hz on my monitor for gaming? Is it worth it?

sciephos

Reputable
Aug 14, 2014
Getting a new monitor for gaming and was wondering if the extra bucks are worth a monitor at 144Hz instead of one with 60Hz?...

going to partner it with 280x crossfire or 770 sli...

Solution
taps my 120Hz. For us Older Folk trying not be 'Bambi' with the younger 'twitchers' out there whom seem to head shot a 4 pixel spot as easily as just spitting on their screen, yeah above 60Hz is critical. It helps provide more 'realism' and higher definitional detail that we all can at least DUCK when we see your 4 pixel spot 'move' .

I NEVER seen a time when Crossfire or SLI was worth it EXCEPT if you do multi panel (3 or more) setups. Numerous games don't support or even perform WORSE when Crossfire / SLI is used, and the COST for 2 cards (plus power and cooling two cards) is about the SAME or MORE then just getting the highest end card already available, which performs THE SAME as the Crossfire/SLI.
taps my 120Hz. For us Older Folk trying not be 'Bambi' with the younger 'twitchers' out there whom seem to head shot a 4 pixel spot as easily as just spitting on their screen, yeah above 60Hz is critical. It helps provide more 'realism' and higher definitional detail that we all can at least DUCK when we see your 4 pixel spot 'move' .

I NEVER seen a time when Crossfire or SLI was worth it EXCEPT if you do multi panel (3 or more) setups. Numerous games don't support or even perform WORSE when Crossfire / SLI is used, and the COST for 2 cards (plus power and cooling two cards) is about the SAME or MORE then just getting the highest end card already available, which performs THE SAME as the Crossfire/SLI.

Solution