Reputable
Apr 4, 2014
Hi!

My PC has been going through a strange problem - the specs are as follows:
a SAPPhIRE Toxic R9 270X
an i5 2400
an ASUS s1155 P8-H77-M LE
on a Windows 8.1

So the problem starts when my supposedly working GPU does not display on any H61 mobo including my very own H77 - oh and B75-**** ASUS and GIGABYTE ones too.

Here are the list of things I've done in the past few weeks:

tried booting with just the onboard graphics to see if the DVI cables are faulty - but it works.
checked the 2x 6pin power is inserted
checked if I properly seated the graphics card
checked whether the mobo is defective or not (tested the pci-e/ram/cpu socket)
checked whether all the aforementioned types mobo's including my H77 is compatible
tested the graphics card on a different system (it worked on an AMD A10-6800k w/ an old mobo w/ DDR2 memory)
used a different PSU
installed the GPU on an x4 slot
disabled iGPU/disabled onboard graphics
checked whether my RAM is working or not (it works)
I just did a reformat

Any advice would be much appreciated!

mac uy

Reputable
Apr 4, 2014
everything is up and running. gpu fans are spinning, LED flaring - but no display. i noticed that the numlock responds so the system is booting fine - my gpu doesn't display anything :(.

mac uy

Reputable
Apr 4, 2014
yeah, i am. the only thing i haven't tried is the HDMI - which, unfortunately, my monitor doesn't support(SAMSUNG SyncMaster S20B300)

thanks for the quick reply! :)

mac uy

Reputable
Apr 4, 2014

doesn't work.. i have it packkaged with my R9..

mac uy

Reputable
Apr 4, 2014
nothing, even used a CX500, the R9 doesn't display on the H77-M. Interestingly, other gpu's work on the PCIE so that rules out a bad pcie slot... what else, hmm. basically talking to myself now >.<. tested the graphics card(R9) - it works on the other boards, the AMD chipset ones..

mac uy

Reputable
Apr 4, 2014
is it true that sandybridge does not support 3.0 cards? does that have anything to do with why my gpu won't work no matter which motherboard i try it on with my R9 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.