Fair price for Xbox 360?

wooley

Reputable
Aug 1, 2014
Ok, so I am looking to sell my xbox 360 E (one that looks similar to the xbox one)

Here is what I have to sell:
Xbox 360E 4GB Console = About 110 (I bought it for like 200$)
Xbox 360E 20GB HardDrive Like 20$
Wired and Wireless controller = Wireless came with it so im pricing wired one as 10$
All cords (hdmi,av,power) included in console price
Games(all like new condition)
Battlefield 4
Call of Duty Black ops II
Call of Duty Modern warfare 3
Minecraft
Forza Horizon
Skate 3
Red Dead Redemption (undead nightmare)
Grand Theft Auto 5
Tiger Woods pga 13

So I came up with a price of 280$ which happens to be the exact amount of cash I am looking for, I went on ebay and other websites to look at other peoples prices for their xbox. I think the main bulk of the price I gave is from the games (and console). All the games are like new. I've had this xbox for about 7 months + so its in very good condition.

Tell me what you think on the pricing, im wanting to buy a playstation 4 with a combination of the money I get from this and 220$ I have right now.

Solution
The unfortunate thing about Microsoft is that their new systems tend not to be backwards compatible with the old one, with the exception of the early 360 models. That will drop the prices on your games, especially FPS like COD and Battlefield--they simply don't age well, and the userbase tends to migrate quickly to the newer, shinier game (or system in this case). $140 for the games is pretty steep, especially when you can get all of it for about the same price at a retailer like Gamestop.

To me, it seems like you are trying to get a lot from this, which you totally should! But those prices are what one might find at Gamestop, and people willing to shell out that much would probably just get it from a retailer instead. Somebody might...

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
The unfortunate thing about Microsoft is that their new systems tend not to be backwards compatible with the old one, with the exception of the early 360 models. That will drop the prices on your games, especially FPS like COD and Battlefield--they simply don't age well, and the userbase tends to migrate quickly to the newer, shinier game (or system in this case). $140 for the games is pretty steep, especially when you can get all of it for about the same price at a retailer like Gamestop.

To me, it seems like you are trying to get a lot from this, which you totally should! But those prices are what one might find at Gamestop, and people willing to shell out that much would probably just get it from a retailer instead. Somebody might take you up on the offer at $280, but if you are looking to sell quick I think something in the $200 to $225 range would get you more takers. Just my opinion though.

Solution
agreed.

if purchased at gamestop you could get a similar deal however would have the piece of mind that if something did not work you can take it back to a brick & mortar for exchange instead of risking a purchase from an unknown person.

$280 is about $30 cheaper than what you could get at gamestop.. not sure thats enough to entice users but you can try.

what i would likely do is sell off gta v seperately since it still goes for a fair amount and drop your price for the console and games a bit. considering gamestop gets 280 for the games minus ga... you should sell for 240 at most.