with the Asus 28 inch PB 287 Q monitor which will I get better effect or the hdmi 1.4 port or the display port1.2

magnum44s

Reputable
Aug 18, 2014
with a Nvida GXforce GTX 770 graphics card and using a ZAsus PBQ 287Q monitor which port shout I use on the monitor the HDMI 1.4 or the Display port !.2 for the best picture quality

Solution
There is no graphics card on the market yet with HDMI 2 so for 4k you have to use display port. Gforce have a graphics card with HDMI 1.4 bridging that can do 4k but no monitor with accept 2 HDMI inputs to bridge to 4k so it is pointless. And be carefull with TV's as 99% of them don't have display port inputs. So you have to convert from display port 1.2 to HDMI 2 for which there is no cable on earth. So you then have to find a display port to mini display port female adapter so you can buy a mini display port 1.2 to HDMI 2 adapter. It might be obvious by now that this is the grief I'm going through at the moment to simply display 4k on our boardroom 4k TV.

manorsessions

Reputable
Oct 26, 2014
There is no graphics card on the market yet with HDMI 2 so for 4k you have to use display port. Gforce have a graphics card with HDMI 1.4 bridging that can do 4k but no monitor with accept 2 HDMI inputs to bridge to 4k so it is pointless. And be carefull with TV's as 99% of them don't have display port inputs. So you have to convert from display port 1.2 to HDMI 2 for which there is no cable on earth. So you then have to find a display port to mini display port female adapter so you can buy a mini display port 1.2 to HDMI 2 adapter. It might be obvious by now that this is the grief I'm going through at the moment to simply display 4k on our boardroom 4k TV.

Solution