Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

with the Asus 28 inch PB 287 Q monitor which will I get better effect or the hdmi 1.4 port or the display port1.2

Tags:
  • Graphics
  • Port
  • Monitors
  • HDMI
  • Displays
Last response: in Displays
August 17, 2014 10:14:41 PM

with a Nvida GXforce GTX 770 graphics card and using a ZAsus PBQ 287Q monitor which port shout I use on the monitor the HDMI 1.4 or the Display port !.2 for the best picture quality

More about : asus inch 287 monitor effect hdmi port display port1

a b C Monitor
August 17, 2014 10:30:08 PM

it does not matter at all. its all digital... there will be absolutely no difference in picture quality. hdmi cables are much cheaper than display port cables though so thats what i would use.
m
l
October 26, 2014 4:58:34 PM

You will have to use display port 1.2 as the HDMI 1.4 port is not capable of 4k let alone 4k at 60hz.
m
l

Best solution

October 26, 2014 5:02:21 PM

There is no graphics card on the market yet with HDMI 2 so for 4k you have to use display port. Gforce have a graphics card with HDMI 1.4 bridging that can do 4k but no monitor with accept 2 HDMI inputs to bridge to 4k so it is pointless. And be carefull with TV's as 99% of them don't have display port inputs. So you have to convert from display port 1.2 to HDMI 2 for which there is no cable on earth. So you then have to find a display port to mini display port female adapter so you can buy a mini display port 1.2 to HDMI 2 adapter. It might be obvious by now that this is the grief I'm going through at the moment to simply display 4k on our boardroom 4k TV.