PG278Q and Displayport 1.2

JGKarlin

Reputable
Aug 18, 2014
I'm weighing buying the new ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q monitor, but am unsure about a few matters related to Displayport.

1. The monitor includes only one Displayport port. I mostly would use a PC, but would sometimes need to switch to an HDMI connected device. What would you recommend as an option to easily switch between Displayport and HDMI to compensate for the lack of ports. Is there a Displayport 1.2 switcher available (I couldn't find one)?

2. Does anyone have any experience with Displayport cables at lengths longer than 25 feet? I currently have no problems with HDMI at this cable length. I assume the cable would need to be Displayport 1.2 certified?

Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you!

CraigN

Distinguished
1) There are *active* HDMI to DP converters you can find (passive won't work), but there is no guarantee they would work, and you would not get the benefits of the monitor via that route. I would honestly recommend a different monitor if you are considering this for a device other than a PC, as DP behaves pretty different from DVI or HDMI as far as conversion goes.

2) Never tried a 25 ft DP cable, but yes, as long as its DP 1.2 certified you should be fine.