27 inch 2560 x 1440 display for gaming

rafalplracing

Honorable
Dec 1, 2013
Hi,
I'm a hardcore racing games player and I'm planning to buy a racing sim rig with triple display setup. Could you recommend me a display that I should choose? I've done some research and here are my favourites, but if you know better displays for the same price I'd appreciate it if you shared your knowledge and experience here.

- Dell UltraSharp 27 Premier Color Monitor - U2713H (I can get really huge discounts on Dell displays, even more than 50%)
- BenQ BL2710PT
- ASUS Rog Swift

My PC spec:
GPU: Asus GTX 780
CPU: I7-4770k
Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vi Hero
Power supply: Corsair CX750

I play all kinds of games (but racing most of the time), so I would like the display to perform really well. Is it worth paying that much for Asus display with all that G-Sync, 1ms response time, 144hz and so on? Dell is more expensive than BenQ, but as I mentioned I can get huge discounts on Dell. Will I notice the difference between 1ms and 5/6ms or 144hz and 60hz? Will I be able to run triple monitor with a single GTX 780 or I'll have to buy another GTX 780 to get a proper experience?

vulcangrey

Reputable
Aug 7, 2014
I have three of the Auria 27" 2560x1440 60Hz monitors, so total resolution is 7680x1440 before bezel adjustment. I have two R9 290's in crossfire. I pretty much have all of the racing games, lately been playing Assetto Corsa, iRacing, F1 2013.

In Assetto Corsa I have to turn down the AA and AF or else my frame rate will fall pretty low. If I don't have V-sync on, then the frame rate is too variable, and I notice the lag. With V-sync on I can do 60fps and the lag is not noticeable. Games like iRacing are not as bad and I can get higher framerates, but I prefer V-sync being on, seem smoother.

My PC is a i5 3570K, 16GB ram, Asus Sabertooth Z77, 850W ps.

A friend gave me the 3 Auria displays, and I like them, they have all the inputs: Display Port, DVI, HDMI, and VGA, which helps connecting them to a video card with one DP port, 2 DVI, and an HDMI. BTW three 1440p displays are too much bandwidth for a MST hub with 3 Display Port monitors. So you would need to connect DVI, HDMI, DP, or DVI, DVI, DP, etc...