what's subwoofer is good below $225

akunliyanto

Reputable
Aug 18, 2014
hi, can any body give me recommend?
I have amplifier JBL GTO-5EZ and Pair Alpine Sps-610c 6.5" 2 Way Pair of Component Car Speakers + Alpine Sps-610 6.5" 2 Way Pair of Coaxial Car Speakers for my 2014 toyota rav4. what is good subwoofer shoud i get below $225?
I like sound quality, not loud.. I thinking about 12W3V3-4 - JL Audio 12" Singles 4-Ohm W3V3. is it good?
Thank you

Solution
Yeah the W3 is a very good subwoofer. They work quite well in a sealed box which you'll want because of sound quality. Remember to break the subwoofer in as it does make a difference. Every now and then you can find the Focal Performance Sub P subwoofers for around that price which I do prefer as the quality just seems a little better. It's not worth much of premium over the W3. I'd pay $10-20 more but that's about it. Other than that for sound quality I love the JL W3 and W6 subs.

wip99gt

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2008
Yeah the W3 is a very good subwoofer. They work quite well in a sealed box which you'll want because of sound quality. Remember to break the subwoofer in as it does make a difference. Every now and then you can find the Focal Performance Sub P subwoofers for around that price which I do prefer as the quality just seems a little better. It's not worth much of premium over the W3. I'd pay $10-20 more but that's about it. Other than that for sound quality I love the JL W3 and W6 subs.

Solution