Monitor Won't Turn on After Sleep

Gaxe

Honorable
Jun 6, 2013
Hello all, so I have this weird problem where my monitor (Asus VS238H-P) won't turn on when I put my computer to sleep. It's really aggravating because I have to do a full reboot and sometimes multiple reboots to get it working again. It turns on fine if I do a shut down though so idk how to fix it. I tried looking up a fix already and couldn't really find any solid fix. Other information is I have my mobo is a Z87-A, my GPU is a 7850. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

its more likely the GPU driver not the monitor. monitors go to sleep by the lack of signal from the gpu card and power up when signal comes back. if it was the monitor you wouldn't have to reboot the computer, you would just have to turn the monitor off and on. so it sounds like your gpu is not powering back up after going to sleep, most commonly a driver issue.

try a different driver version going back to an older version. or doing a clean install of most recent driver(uninstall driver, run a driver software cleaner, then reinstall driver)

Here_to_lern

Honorable
Sep 23, 2013
Don't know if you solved your problem or not, but another thing to check is the power supply of the monitor. I had sim issues and found two blown caps. Replaced them and all was good.