Gaming monitor for a PC (1080p)

IMTECH

Honorable
Aug 10, 2013
Hey guys. I'm searching for a nice budget (~200e) monitor that'll show some decent results when gaming. I won't be playing above 1920x1080. Size should be around 23"-24", I guess.

I'm not that good with displays, so some arguments for/against would help, too.

I've got these two for now to discuss about (their price is acceptable and the performance is rather decent as stated in several reviews I've checked):

23" Asus MX239H IPS LED / 23" Asus VX239H IPS LED
24" BenQ RL2455HM LED

Now, RL2455HM has a faster response time and is generally more designed for games (?), but MX239H is an IPS monitor and it provides more in-depth/better colours. How important is the response time here (1ms TN vs 5ms IPS - if I'm not mistaken)?

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to your thoughts on this and recommendations/suggestions, of course!

[ Video Card: MSI GTX 760 OC GAMING 2GB ]
[ CPU: i5-4670K ]

getdamafiaonyou

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
Personally I think the response time isn't a issue, unless you are a super competitive gamer you wont ever notice. I've played on some monitors with a 30ms response time, and only then could I barely notice it. I've never owned a BenQ but have heard good things, Right now I've got 3 asus monitors sitting on my desk, love them all.

Luketheduke03

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014
If you are into FPS games get the 1ms monitor. If you are into non-fast non intense games go with the 5ms monitor. 1ms sacrifices color but it responds faster. 5ms is for if you're picky.

(Make sure to select best answer)

IMTECH

Honorable
Aug 10, 2013

Well, I'm surely not a professional gamer. I'd still like to get best I can find in this price range. Right now I'm leaning towards the Asus VX239H because of it's IPS panel and acceptable response time.

I play all kinds of games from different genres, so I cannot say that I'll stick with only one type of games. I've seen the difference between IPS and TN panels in person and the colours coming from an IPS monitor are really amazing. Would you say that response time can make a difference only in FPS games and in other genres the difference is barely noticeable?

Thank you both for answering. I'll wait to hear some more opinions.
Also, I don't think I can pick a solution since I made this a discussion topic.

Latest posts