RAM usage 90-98% when playing Battlefield 4 (I have 8GB)

twright247

Reputable
Jul 9, 2014
Hi there!
As you may already know from the title, my RAM usage goes to 90-98% when playing on Battlefield 4.
A warning is prompt asking me to close Battlefield 4 due to its high memory usage. Personally, I find this strange as the first time that this happened to me was the other day and it just happened again 10 minutes before I posted this...
I enjoy playing long sessions of Battlefield and it generally happens on the second match (on the same server).
My system specifications are:

• CPU: AMD FX-8320
    GPU: Sapphire Radeon DUAL-X R9 280X Boost OC
    PSU: Corsair CX750M
    SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 120GB
    HDDs: 2 X 1TB Seagate Baracuda
    MB: GA-990FXA-UD3
    RAM: 8GB 1600Mhz DDR3 Kingston HyperX
My current video driver is 14.4 and I have the graphics API set to Mantle in-game.

Any help is welcome and thank you for taking your time to read this!

-Thomas

twright247

Reputable
Jul 9, 2014

Thank you for your reply!
Firstly this may sound silly but I let Raptr select my settings.
The game settings were on medium when I got these warnings.
I think you're right, I also thought that it was a memory leak.
Now, is it the game's fault or have I got faulty memory?
It seems to be fine on other games

Rayven2

Reputable
Jul 31, 2014

If it's not happening on other games and applications that require a lot of ram as well then I'm not too sure. I've read a fair few complaints however when it comes to RAM and BF4 even from people with 16GB, I understand the game utilizes a lot of RAM but it shouldn't be maxing out... Can't really help you further maybe someone with more experience will know, keep us posted.

twright247

Reputable
Jul 9, 2014

Thank you very much for your help!
I have a feeling that the big patch in September will help resolve this issue, especially if it has only been happening recently. Could've been the last update that made the memory leak occur for me.

Rayven2

Reputable
Jul 31, 2014

Yeah might do so since most these issues seem to be occurring for people only lately, you can leave the topic open and see if anyone else might have an idea. Later on tho you can pick a solution :)

TheTenaciousOtaku

Honorable
May 23, 2014
The game still runs like junk. Terribly optimized game. An SLI GTX 570 setup get 60-70fps on high. Also encounter a MASSIVE memory leak. BF4 drains 7GB of ram which is completely ridiculous and lowers fps to 20 . Never buying an EA game again unless game testers give it a pass.