Hey,

I've seen too many questions on this.
"What's the difference between the Asus and EVGA GTX 770 ? "

So here's my explanation of the different GPU manufacturers

Firstly, AMD / Nvidia designs new technology and makes the GPU chip
nVidia_GTX_780_Titan.jpg

then they come up with a simple Reference Card with a simple cooler on it
gtx-770-reference2.jpg

Secondly, manufacturers such as Asus , Gigabyte , and MSI design different cooling systems. Some companies also re-design the whole PCB to be smaller, or to modify it to overclock better.

This is how most GPUs you see in the markets look like. Standard heatsink and 2-3 fans
STRIKER-GTX760-P-4GD5_%E6%BC%A2%E5%A0%A1%E5%9C%96-copy.jpg

Some cooling systems are quieter, while some can keep the card cooler. But your environment also affects the noise and heat you receive from your card. So if you were to read up specific reviews for the different coolers, you might not get the same results.

But some manufacturers go lazy and slap their sticker onto a reference card and sell them, but of course at a lower cost. If you're on a very tight budget, this might be a cheaper alternative.
61JG5OV8BkL._SL1500_.jpg

EDIT: TL;DR
Buy the cheapest version from a decent company. Read customer reviews from Newegg too.

This might be helpful
http://www.computershopper.com/feature/inside-a-mainland-china-factory-how-a-graphics-card-is-made-in-100-pictures/#review-section

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador
I don't totally agree, especially with your example.

I'm not sure the Reference 770/780/titan style cooler is cheaper or worse. I see many of the other cooler versions cheaper than the type you have used as examples. The Reference cooler in this case is actually very good, and you failed to mention that the reference blower style coolers are much better for small cases with poor airflow.