Dual monitor setup second monitor doesn't wake up

Pavlandr1

Reputable
May 21, 2014
So I bought a new 21.5" monitor this week and set it up on my desktop pc to use along with my old one...Everything is fine and all except for one little detail...
When my monitors enters a sleep (or power-saving) state when i move my mouse (so that they wake up) the new monitor does not wake up...only the other one....I poked around the internet and saw some suggestions to turn off the Link State Power Management option off (located in power management ->advanced power options-> pci express) however that does not seem to solve the problem...I have made sure that i have all the latest drivers installed for my hardware (note that i am using Windows 8.1 with an AMD FX8350 processor and a Sapphire R9280 gpu)
So any suggestions on how to fix this minor issue? Any help would be much appreciated as it is becoming rather annoying...

P.S. The monitor wakes up as soon as i press any one of its buttons (at first i was turning it off and on but later realized that even pressing just the menu button of the monitor, was enough to wake it up)
Also note, that the new monitor, is connected to my gpu through an HDMI cable while the old one uses a DVI cable

P.S.2 A slight update....i tried changing the cables, just in case there was a faulty one, but as i suspected it was not the case.

I purchased two LG monitors recently - they have automatic power savings modes where if no signal is detected for 30 seconds, they automatically power down, and the only way to wake them is to push the power button. My old monitors wake up (they do not have automatic power savings mode) without issue.

I have searched high and low on how to disable it - it appears LG doesn't want this disabled....