Computer goes choppy then locks up

So new to these threads let me know if I miss any info.
Built a new computer about 4 months give or take and went to windows 8.1.

Everything was fine untill my dads ram stopped working and I gave him 1 of my 4.. leaving 3 in.
Suddenly everything went to hell. So I removed them and only use 2 in slot 1 and 3 ( matching the slots with colors for timing?) so now i only have 8GB of DDR3 ram and it was up agian.

Jump on Wildstar and I get a error saying something along the lines of "Memory couldn't be written" So I immediately point a finger at my ram. I do a MemCheck and I reseated my ram. I no longer get that error but now my computer after a few hours of being on or in use (normally while playing Diablo 3) will go dark and come back on with a display driver error and recovered. But then shortly after i get a choppy spike that comes and goes before my entire computer freezes up and my sound starts to bounce along with it. I am forced to hold my button to shut down. Sometimes it unfreezes and i have to slowly make my way to the restart menu as it will freeze for 5 secs and come back for 2 secs.

I've done Memchck and i've checked my Hard drives if anyone can help me I would be very happy.

Here are my specs
CPU - Intel core i5-4670k 3.4ghz
GPU - GeForce GTX 660
8*GB memory (RAM)
750 Watt cooler master PSU
MoBo - MSI Z87-G43 (military grade) (Link Below)
http://us.msi.com/product/mb/Z87G43.html#hero-overview
Windows 8.1 x64

Any help would be appreciated.
2 answers Last reply
More about computer choppy locks
  1. bump
  2. I've been watching my temps closely and my gpu is reaching 70C Everything i found said 90 is the danger zone could this be the issue or should i keep looking?
Ask a new question

Read More

RAM Systems Computers