What kind of job could I get under these fields that make a good amount of money?

thatfancypenn

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013
I really like astronomy, psychology, and the type of things that stockbrokers do. Not to be a stockbroker, but to be say their boss. I know that I wouldn't be able to become the boss right off the bat, but I need to know what kind of jobs I could pursue in order to get on the right track. And when I say a good amount of money, I don't mean just over $100,000 per year, I mean upwards of $300k or maybe even a 7 figure salary. I understand it would take time to get there. I just need to know what kind of jobs to aim for.

I'm asking because I'm entering college soon and I need to know what kind of classes to take so I don't waste my time or money.

Not exactly a post meant for this forum at all LOL
During college, i was making £300-£1.2k a week through reselling on ebay, (Buy in large bulk, resell single unit) but spent over 12hours a day just dealing with customer service/after-care
After i gave up due to pressure from final exams, was hard to move back into as markets had changed.
I came across Forex from a cousin, (currency trading) http://www.babypips.com/school - awesome free training method and forums providing strategies, after 5months demo account(fake money) i was making £20-80 a day, just 3-4hours a day. After a year on, back to 4digits a week as i did with ebay, except 3-6hours a day instead of 14-18hours LOL
Both were tax exempt income
You get to a point later where sitting at a pc at home alone for a job get boring though, but it made for a helluva party life in those days

thatfancypenn

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013

I know it's not the right forum for it but hey there's a category for it so why not :p

But to that website, it's pretty confusing just glancing at it.

thatfancypenn

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013

Ok. Well honestly I'm not really interested in making money right now. I just want to know a couple of jobs that might apply to me.

Hexa Fox

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2013

It is difficult in the United States to set anything in stone anymore. Technology is evolving all the time and putting people, even people in high paying jobs out on the street. Like Chris told you at one time Ebay was definitely where it was at. Ebay was born as a site where people could go to see what other people were selling. Now this statement is more true than ever.

I made my money on Ebay by searching out lots of certain items and finding a "gem" among them. I still do this to this day, but with the fees being as high as they are it is still difficult. I will give you a quick example. There may be an action figure that is worth a pretty penny. Everyone on Ebay knows that this action figure is worth a lot of money so whenever one gets listed for a reasonable price it is bought and resold.

The difference between this and my plan was I would go search for "lots" of certain items and possible find that action figure that was worth a pretty penny in a lot of items where a seller did not realize what they had. You could easily pull in the amount of money Chris is talking about, but still like he said you were your own customer service department. Therefore a lot of time and energy went into the "job".

This is relevant because no matter what you choose you need to be careful in doing so. Anything can collapse at any second. I am working on my Bachelor's Degree now and going after certifications.