NCIX Pc Assembly Option?

Reutrel

Reputable
May 27, 2014
I have been planning to build my own pc for months now but I don't have the time or optimal space to do it. (pets, carpets, bullsh*t excuses for being lazy, ect) I have heard mixed reviews and don't really believe some of the ones on their website. (Im a freaky skeptic of reviews) If someone could help that would be great. Please don't say build it yourself for a answer. I also live in the United States. :D

Solution
If you are not as experienced as some or want peace of mind with a year warranty through NCIX you should go with them, even though most manufacturers have their own warranty, its just easier to have it all at one place for some.

But if you chose their PC builder they do test it and make sure everything is compatible and have a lot lower chance, if any, to get anything DOA.

Or you can order it yourself and possibly have to do RMA's and such with DOA stuff.

mcorish

Reputable
Aug 11, 2014
From what I hear in general it has been pretty good, good cable management and cleanliness of the build. Most bad reviews are from ~2008-2009 and have greatly improved since then.

If you give me about a week I should be receiving my build from them. :)

for the most part they do a good job, it all comes down to what you want to pay. Build a system on their webpage then go to any computer webpage (newegg is what I use) and price the same build to do it yourself. then figure out if its worth it to have them do it or just build it yourself.

mcorish

Reputable
Aug 11, 2014
If you are not as experienced as some or want peace of mind with a year warranty through NCIX you should go with them, even though most manufacturers have their own warranty, its just easier to have it all at one place for some.

But if you chose their PC builder they do test it and make sure everything is compatible and have a lot lower chance, if any, to get anything DOA.

Or you can order it yourself and possibly have to do RMA's and such with DOA stuff.

Solution

Reutrel

Reputable
May 27, 2014

thanks, I also liked it because I wouldn't get DOA parts. Please tell me when you get your pc from them. thanks

mcorish

Reputable
Aug 11, 2014
I will keep you updated, I ordered mine on August the 5th, but I knew it was going to take awhile because some parts were not in stock. Expect a bit of a wait if you did the same thing, but if everything is in stock it shouldnt be more than 5 business days.

Cheers!

Reutrel

Reputable
May 27, 2014

So have you received your pc?

mcorish

Reputable
Aug 11, 2014
So, sorry, an update. I got my PC Friday, go it all setup, had issues, turns out they didn'y update bios, which means my cpu will crash the computer on a cold start, but once it is on, and turned off at least once it runs fine.

I personally think it is just the bios, hopefully.

They did really good cable wiring, clean, no complaints, I just hope I can fix that one problem, that they should have caught, and thats it.

Overall I would still recommend because I didnt get anything DOA, and one mine goes through the one hiccup it runs as smooth as butter.