A question about heading into Computer Engineering...

episha

Reputable
Aug 20, 2014
I'm currently in the ninth grade, and I am starting to wonder what career I should go into. I always had a certain fascination with computers but I had no idea where I should start. I looked into the subject a bit more and thought computer engineering would suit me, more hardware than software and I enjoy math and solving problems. I am just wondering what I should further myself into to ensure I head down the correct path.

Solution

Computer Engineer here,

Many highschools offer computer engineering and computer science classes at the highschool level. These serve as a great introduction and will certainly help you determine if computer engineering is a career that you'd be interested in. In addition to these classes, you will also...

Computer Engineer here,

Many highschools offer computer engineering and computer science classes at the highschool level. These serve as a great introduction and will certainly help you determine if computer engineering is a career that you'd be interested in. In addition to these classes, you will also need a very good understanding of calculus, algebra, and physics. Chemistry is also an asset and is a prerequisite for many Engineering programs in post-secondary institutions.

Solution

episha

Reputable
Aug 20, 2014
Thanks for the help, I will check out the programs my school is offering and see where that takes me from that point on. I'm also sorry if this is in the wrong spot, as I'm still fairly new to actually posting on forums rather than lurking.

You're most welcome. This forum category is intended for posts like this so you're spot on.