Do I need a specially designated outlet for a computer?

Jun 5, 2014
Sorry. I'm not sure where to post this but..

I'm planning on building a computer to use in my bedroom. On the same circuit that I will plug my computer in to, is the bathroom outlet. I fear that someone using the hair dryer, in the bathroom, would damage my computer.

Do you think it is best to put a separate outlet/circuit in so I wouldn't have to worry about any other appliances on the same circuit causing power surges or anything? Or am I worrying for nothing?

Thank you for any help. It is greatly appreciated.

Solution
You created this as a discussion, not a question. Discussions can't have solution. I've changed it.

If it's a single GPU, anything over a good 550W is overkill.

You should have zero issues.
Jun 5, 2014
Thank you for your response. I live in the states so i assume thats 220? (I should know but not positive-lol oops) but thats just it, it will be a powerful computer, for music production, and I eventually want to get nice monitors. (To me- a very big investment.)

Sorry I'm just kind of stressed out about this. But thank you again for your reply.

Jun 5, 2014
That's right, 110 or 120. Oops. And yeah, I'll only have 1 gpu (a cheap one) and maybe a 750 watt psu. I'm not sure how much the monitors will take but, I'll figure that out later. Thank you again.

P.s. I couldn't find the "select this as best solution" option.