Possible tech gifts under $20

fooball

Reputable
Jun 14, 2014
Hi, I'm looking to get a small gift for a friend. He lives in a dorm, and can't have any large electronics (such as a tv or desktop pc). He does have a laptop and smartphone, and he uses them alot (especially the laptop). On his laptop, he plays games, does work, web surfs, install programs/linux, etc. He likes cars, and has a model car. My budget is $20 Canadian (I'm not willing to spend much :p - I'm a student too)I can't seem to think of many gifts for him. Location: Vancouver, Canada
So far, this is what I've thought of:
-Portable hard drive: He always runs out of space on his laptop hdd. I already have an enclosure from ebay (cost $4), and I may be able to get a 400-500gb 2.5" internal hdd for ~$23. Expensive though.
-Second hard drive: 2nd hard drive caddy in the optical drive from ebay ($6) + 400-500gb hdd mentioned previously. Problem: He uses his optical drive alot.
-Used xbox 360/ps3. Problem: expensive and he may not be allowed to keep it (I'm asking him now).
-DIY car model. Where can I get this and how much should a ok one cost?
-Gaming mouse: He's satisfied with his current one though.
-

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks!

PsychSC2

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
An external 500GB or 1TB harddrive is a better choice for 2nd hand prices.

There's not much electronics that's below 20$. T_T

If you can stretch your budget, you might want to give him a gaming keyboard or gaming headset. ;) Brand new or a 2nd hand one with excellent quality.

fooball

Reputable
Jun 14, 2014

Yeah, $20 is really low, but I don't want to spend that much. He won't have any use for a gaming keyboard as he only has a laptop. I'll think about the headset. I don't even have a ok pc headset myself :(.