Video issues with Asrock 990FX

Bangeon

Reputable
Aug 21, 2014
So I recently picked up the Fatal1ty 990 FX and I've been having some issues with it. Once I got everything setup and plugged in I tried doing a test boot before putting the finishing touches on it and I'm finding I have no video. Everything is powering up fine near as I can tell and I've used two different video cards at this point (a brand new one and an older known good video card) and I'm currently getting zero image or even POST messages. I've already sent the board back once as defective and I doubt highly it's happened again, although you never know. Anyone had this issue before or have advice to give? The board itself has no on board video just to get that out of the way so that shouldn't be an issue, any other details just ask and I'll provide.

Yes, I know of these issues and sometimes they are to do with the method of connection.
Btw, what GPU do you have?
Try these steps:

1) Use a standard VGA cable which is analogue to connect your monitor
2) Make sure the GPU is securely in the x16 slot.
3) Try plugging in a 4 pin motherboard speaker and see if you hear a POST beep when you boot

Also, when you boot, are the fans spinning and can you see any lights turn on on the board?