i am wanting to change careers need constructive advice

NormH

Distinguished
I am currently an xray tech and make about 40k per year but want to get into the IT industry. What degree would be the best route to get to 80k+ within the first 3 years of graduation. i am equally drawn to the hardware side of IT as well as software side. i am also an avid gamer and game development is also an option. i carried a 4.0 gpa in radiology school so im not too concerned with what is easiest just what is most lucrative both in the long run as well as 1st year pay. thank you for any advice you can give

Solution
I don't have personal experience in the matter, but I have a friend who recently graduated with a degree in game development (not sure on the specific name of the degree). One of the issues he's running into is trying to get on board with an established company. He told me that with the higher end ones, you either have to be an industry vet or a rookie with phenomenal skills and track record. There's always all kinds of mobile gaming startups, but those are not the most stable. Just some things to consider.

One path suggested to me when I considered going into IT was to learn database administration. It's apparently a field with fairly high demand, with good starting pay. I've seen some places offer 6 figure salaries for experienced...

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
I don't have personal experience in the matter, but I have a friend who recently graduated with a degree in game development (not sure on the specific name of the degree). One of the issues he's running into is trying to get on board with an established company. He told me that with the higher end ones, you either have to be an industry vet or a rookie with phenomenal skills and track record. There's always all kinds of mobile gaming startups, but those are not the most stable. Just some things to consider.

One path suggested to me when I considered going into IT was to learn database administration. It's apparently a field with fairly high demand, with good starting pay. I've seen some places offer 6 figure salaries for experienced administrators.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS