New IPS from Viewsonic?

Malinka

Honorable
Jan 15, 2014

Malinka

Honorable
Jan 15, 2014
Come on now, surely this is something to talk about, unless of course viewsonic is just giving us better numbers on paper but when tested show to be higher than what was said like car manufacturers when it comes to MPGs :p

mahmud7595

Reputable
Aug 28, 2014

It's not worth buying...... I wouldn't buy those,,,, There are much better option !! :)

Malinka

Honorable
Jan 15, 2014

Okay and what better option would that be? I mean they look like pretty fast panels as far as ips goes, 14ms iso response time with 2ms GTG, at least that is their claim, i dont know how accurate it is since there are no detailed reviews for em.

mahmud7595

Reputable
Aug 28, 2014

You should not give much priorities to response time... YES, they are recquired in games. But My thoughts....2/5/7/8 whatever the response time it is you can hardly identify the difference or the laggings in games... Contrast ratios,Picture quality, longivity are more important i believe... LG , SAMSUNG they are the top reputed company for making IPS Displays.. AND LG has super quality. Asus monitots are also good. Its really Hard you know to select one monitor.... you better check your local retailers shop and find the best..
If you were low on budget i would suggest viesonic monitors... You must make sure how much u pay and how much u get comparing to price.........
Heres some suggestion if you'd like

ASUS VE247H Black 23.6
HP LP2475w 24" IPS
LG 23MP55HQ
LG W2261V
These I personally prefer as good. There are some models but i cant recall them now.....
HOPE It helps

Malinka

Honorable
Jan 15, 2014

Some of those monitors are outdated, the Asus is a TN, the HP is 1920x1200 and that isnt worth $200 extra for me for that small amount of extra pixels. The only new monitor there is the 23MP55HQ. Heres the thing though, response time does matter, because you may not notice a difference, i certainly do when i used to have a 5ms ips screen that had a bit of ghosting and was severely slow for a game like csgo for example. The other point i wanna make is Viewsonic is a reputable manufacturer and the monitor i was asking about in my OP is using an LG panel, Viewsonic just makes the shell and board for it